Group Internal Auditor at KPMG
Posted on: 30 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at KPMG
KPMG - Our client is a leading pan-African diversified industrial group that is rapidly expanding its sectorial and international footprint - with stakes in food & agro-processing, fertiliser, and power.
Group Internal Auditor
Ref #: UEP20
- In line with its growth aspirations, our client seeks to appoint top-of-the-class individual with the requisite skills and experience to fill the Group Chief Internal Auditor (GCIA) role.
- The role will be responsible for conducting business review (financial, operational and technical activities) for the subsidiaries, including providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organisation's operations.
- Responsible for the oversight of special investigations/audits involving cases of fraud, waste, abuse and/or ethical/regulatory complaints.
Detailed Job Description
Strategic Leadership and Oversight:
- Oversee audits engagement operations and address the occurrence of unanticipated issues, adjusting resources as needed
- Oversee the Quality Assurance review of the Internal Audit function in the subsidiaries to provide input that will drive greater efficiency and value to the audit process
Business Review and Group Audit:
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual Group Business Review work plan and ensure its execution
- Champion subsidiary business reviews (operational, financial and technical) to check overall health of business
- Review the analyses of data obtained and business review findings for potential business insights with adverse implications
- Provide oversight and direction in the execution, and reporting of internal audit engagements for the Group within established timelines and budgets
- Review analyses of non-conformities, discuss audit findings across the Group and suggest recommendations
- Champion investigation and resolution of fraud incidents across the Group
Policy Development and Monitoring:
- Develop and implement comprehensive group-wide audit policies and procedures
- Conduct knowledge-sharing on recent audit trends and developments, and their relevance/ application across the group
- Report to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors regarding internal control matters, results of audit reviews, the progression of audit plan and any other matters of discussion
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. in a relevant field
- ICAN, ACCA qualification
- Minimum of twenty (20) years of relevant experience in a large & growing business preferably in an emerging market
- Expert knowledge of relevant auditing concepts, techniques and standards
- Good knowledge of regulatory standards guiding various operations within the Group
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate effectively with various stakeholders
- Good knowledge of financial and IT systems controls
- Strategic thinker with high level of commercial acumen
- Exceptional ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to inspire, manage and build a high performing organisation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to KPMG career website on kpmgng.avature.net to apply
- Know More About KPMGSimilar Jobs
- Lead Grants Manager at Chemonics International
- Internal Auditor at The Place
- Head Business and Financial Advisory at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Audit, Tax and Revenue Technician at Pure Access IT Limited
- Chief Finance Officer at Alan & Grant
- Head of Accounts at Alan & Grant
- Financial Analyst at Agusto & Co.
- Accountant at Introit Consulting Limited