INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri - Borno State - with frequent field visit to INTERSOS field
Starting date: ASAP
Reporting to: M&E Manager
Purpose of the Position
Position summary: Main Purpose of the Job is to Support the Programs in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to ensure accountability and efficiency.
Reporting to the M&E manager and closely working with the program staff
- Participate in planning and undertaking surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the program activities especially in relation to
- WASH, NFIs, Shelter and Protection
- Participate in development and strengthening of monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Participate in Monitoring of all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output and outcomes
- Participate in development of monitoring and impact indicator for the project success
- Provide feedback to the Program Managers on project activities
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Program Managers
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation systems
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Program Managers in preparing relevant reports
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use
- Perform other duties as delegated
- At least 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development and emergency projects
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimum supervision
- Excellent command of English and local language oral and written
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, power point presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to INTERSOS career website on docs.google.com to apply