Tailor at Garmspot Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 28 November, 2018
Deadline: 7 December, 2018
View Jobs in Advertising / Branding / PR
View All Jobs at Garmspot Nigeria Limited
Garmprint Nigeria Limited - a subsidiary of Garmspot Nigeria Limited is an ultra-modern, fresh and vibrant printing agency who are here to make things easy for you. Our diverse team of experts and printers are always available to provide our customers with all round awesomeness.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Sew garments, clothing or other articles using needle and thread, sewing machines, and other sewing equipment.
- Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches.
- Make made-to-measure clothing according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design.
- Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations.
- Repair textiles or apparel by removing stitches from garments to be altered using rippers or razor blades.
- Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons and linings.
- Smooth garments using irons, steamers, presses, or other machines.
- Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed.
- Develop, copy or adapt designs for garments and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric.
- Measure customers using tape measure and record measurements.
- Make garment style changes, such as tapering pant legs, narrowing lapels and adding or removing padding.
- Work with procurement to estimate how much a garment will cost to make, based on factors such as time and material requirements.
- Cut fabrics and position patterns on equipment, materials and workplaces.
Required Skills and Competencies
- A male preferably
- Prior experience in tailoring is required.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical functions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in tailoring.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, sometimes simultaneously.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV alongside detailed Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Garmspot Nigeria Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Screen Printer at Garmspot Nigeria Limited
- Office Assistant at Garmspot Nigeria Limited
- Know More About Garmspot Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Salon Manager at Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs (A.Y.E)
- Slitting Local Supervisor at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Pouching and Bags Local Supervisor at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Head, Makeup Artist at Montaigne Place
- Skilled Artisan at Decor City
- Nail Technician/Pedicurist/Manicurist at ORIKI Group
- Assistant Designer & Seamstress at Dressmeoutlet.com
- Painter at AIM Consultants