Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity.
Junior Account Manager via Commercial Development Programme (CDP)
Junior Account Manager
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- We are looking for ambitious candidates (m/f) who are interested in joining us as a Junior Account Manager via Commercial Development Program to be based in Nigeria starting March 1, 2019.
- You will be part of an international cohort across the region Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India forming the Commercial Development Program Wave of 2019. During the 9 months intensive induction program, you will be prepared to becoming Dow’s next generation of customer-centric sales representatives who will be key to Dow’s sustained commercial success.
- You will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your selling skills not just in a complex B2B market but also in a dynamic and multicultural environment. During the time in the program, you will develop selling, negotiation, and presentation skills to become a Solutions Consultant to our customers whilst connecting with a vibrant team spread across different locations.
- The program sets an environment to grow personally and gain real hands-on experience working at a leading material science company.
- You are a young professional, aspiring to start a sales career… this is where it all begins!
During the Program, You Will
- Attend classroom trainings and working sessions to develop sales management skills in three different Dow locations across Europe (The Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland)
- Handle real-life Sales and Marketing projects in collaboration with a Dow global business segment to prepare for the future job
- Explore business growth opportunities for Dow with potential exposure to current and potential customers and markets
- Build technical knowledge of products and applications to become solution consultants
- Network with Dow Senior leadership and shadow experienced Dow colleagues for early career mentoring.
After successful completion of the Commercial Development Program, you will become a Sales Account Manager representing a Dow business segment while interfacing with customers across all organizational levels ranging from purchasing, to research and development as well as manufacturing.
- Develop and build relationships with internal and external customers and influencers
- Achieve sales goals and objectives in assigned territory as derived by business strategies and marketing plans
- Use extensive knowledge of customers’ total needs and Dow’s product offerings to form account strategies and promote long term value creation
- Solve customer problems by working collaboratively
- We are looking for individuals who exhibit a pro-active attitude, have a high degree of self-motivation, and possess excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to combine technical and commercial aptitude while thinking and planning strategically is key for the role’s success.
- Master's degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Business, or Economics
- Experience in Sales & Marketing or in a related industry of up to 3 years is an advantage
- Perfect fluency in the local language of the country applied as well as proficiency in English (written and verbal); additional language skills would be a strong assets
- Candidates should be willing to travel and be flexible to work extended hours from time to time
- A valid driver’s license is a must.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dow career website on www.dow.com to apply