Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact West Africa seeks a highly experienced and qualified candidate to fill the below positions:
Business Development Volunteer
The Business Development Volunteer will support the Pact West Africa office in expanding impact by coordinating new business efforts. The jobholder will conduct research, support and drive engagements to actively grow relationships with traditional and non - traditional partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Pact West Africa’s strategy to engage traditional and non-traditional donors, including corporations and foundations.
- Research and identify development trends, prospects, and growth opportunities; compile and maintain information related to key contacts, organizations, and overlapping interests with Pact programming.
- Seek out partnerships with the private sector; identify opportunities for partnership that drive business value and provide mutual benefits.
- Facilitate discussions, negotiations and agreements with partner/funding organizations.
- Support proposal development and writing processes.
- Represent Pact through attendance at donor, private sector and public-sector functions, such as events and conferences; cultivate prospects and partners and share relevant learning.
- Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed goals.
- Establish fundraising programs to source of funding.
- Research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Masters in a relevant field (e.g. Social Sciences, International Development, Business, Development Studies, MBA) and 1-2 years’ experience.
- Experience developing new business development strategies for INGOs.
- Strong understanding of intersection between private sector interests and non-profit needs and how to bridge the two.
- Successful track record of facilitating linkages between the private sector and non-profits in Nigeria will be a plus.
- Experience in public private partnerships is a plus.
- Work experience in program design and management, implementation and/or evaluation for non-profits.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of Pact’s West Africa’s technical areas (social enterprise development; microfinance; Small Scale & Artisanal Mining, renewable energy).
- Competence using common desktop applications, including MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent ability to communicate, establish and maintain high level relations with government, private sector and development sector players, including donors.
- Possesses positive attitude, self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker.
- Excellent proposal and report writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the development sector in Nigeria.
· A background in research will be a plus.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information or age.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com. The deadline for submission is close of business on Friday 30th November 2018, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.