FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. Fhi 360 is pursuing an upcoming funding opportunity that will assist the Government of Nigeria and the Ministry of Health through Health Initiatives.
The project will focus on: advocacy and accountability, data for delivery and health prioritization, strengthening health systems and leadership, human resources for health, private sector, demand for family planning and demographic analysis and communication.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Program Officer (Jigawa)
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Program Officer - Jigawa for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. the position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Program Officer will be responsible for:
- Provides technical assistance and support to programs.
- Collects, complies, and analyzes information relevant to programs.
- Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status.
- Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements.
- Develops/Reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree or its international equivalent or higher in management, or other relevant field.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant, progressive experience in accounting, finance and operational management, and experience in a government contracting environment.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with DFID-funded programs preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa
- Excellent computer software skills.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.