International SOS - The world's leading medical & travel security assistance company. We are in the business of saving and protecting lives from more than 1,000 locations in 90 countries. 11,000 employees, led by 5,200 medical professionals service multinational companies, governments and NGOs globally.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Brief description of the primary purpose of this position:
- The Operations Manager is responsible for providing operational management and coordination of support for International SOS medical services activities across Nigeria, consistent with contractual commitments.
- This will include managing the interface between Human Resources; Logistics, Procurement, Medical, Assistance Centre and Marketing in support of delivery of site medical services, mainly by developing an on-site presence on all sites.
- The Operations Manager is also responsible for ensuring the delivery of competent and professional operational support through the development of a strong Medical Services Operations team.
- In addition, for developing Intl.SOS / Client relationships at Medical Services locations and working with Clients to ensure their needs and perceptions are clearly defined, and that Intl.SOS is delivering the expected and agreed level of service.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must demonstrate warmth of personality, empathy and approachability in his/her interpersonal communication style.
- A good administrator and logistician with a strong management sense and preferably a trained nurse or paramedic.
- Strong organizational skills and good at setting his/her own agenda and managing his/her time accordingly to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Ability to work independently, pay careful attention to detail and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyse situations and take appropriate action consistent with company policies.
- Demonstrable track record of working in a cross-cultural environment.
Required Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Operations / Medical Facility management – relevant medical industry experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in energy or mining sectors would be an advantage.
- A medical qualification (nurse or paramedic) is a significant advantage.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) – Compulsory
- Fluency in French (oral and written) – Added advantage
Travel / Rotation Requirements:
- Extensive travel regionally to all relevant countries within and off-shore Nigeria, including frequent remote site visits (up to approximately 30-50%).
- Short term stay on location of assignment may be required from time to time (up to 3 or 4 weeks in extreme circumstances).
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: Olivia.email@example.com