Project Manager at Rack Centre
Posted on: 20 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Rack Centre
Rack Centre is the state-of-the-art, Tier III constructed facility certified data centre offering carrier neutral colocation services. It is the most connected in Africa with all major carriers and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the country and direct connection to all undersea cables serving the South Atlantic Coast of Africa.
Rack Centre is 100% owned by Jagal, a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments
- Rack Centre seeks to hire a Project Manager who will be responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all Rack Centre’s projects in accordance with international standards and best practice.
- Reporting to the Operations Director, the Project Manager will participate in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving.
- He/she will work within the guidelines, policies and mission of Rack Centre and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Strategy & Project Planning:
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritising initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future projects
- Prioritise the portfolio of projects on a day-to-day basis on behalf of management to ensure the maximum efficiency in allocation of resources and skills.
- Ensure that the project plan remains aligned with the available technologies and the overall strategic business plan.
- Create, develop and maintain a rolling project plan / road map for all projects.
- Work with defined vendors for the Design, Construction, Deployment, Testing and Commissioning of the Data Centre build. Identify and prioritize project deliverables, dependencies, and critical path items
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assure a smooth in-take of DC co-location projects while assuring priorities across the various groups are in synch. Resolves conflicts across internal and external teams in a timely manner
- Controls project deliverables, scope, expectations, and coordinates project progress with sponsors, steering committees, and senior leadership
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Define requirements for new Data Centre technology implementations and communicate them to the Rack Centre management team and other stake holders.
- Define and communicate Rack Centre procedures, policies and standards for acquiring, deploying and commissioning the Data Centre technologies.
- Prioritise and control projects portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development and installation of the Rack centre’s Data Centre technologies.
- Provide leadership on all aspects of the project to ensure successful delivery
- Maintains a solid understanding of the Data Centre and Construction industry and incorporate best practices as they emerge
- Minimum 8 years of Project Management related work experience.
- Proven history of managing multimillion dollar projects/projects
- Must possess demonstrable and measurable success in a similar role in a challenging environment.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification
- Experience with and understanding of data centre infrastructure and migration practices
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and proactively drive changes in scope, timelines, and requirements
- Strong project management experience in related industry preferably construction with demonstrated achievements in planning, directing, and implementing multiple and concurrent large projects
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources management, business unit contacts, and data centre peers
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
- Construction, Telecoms or Technology delivery Project Manager in Nigeria with a global exposure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Rack Centre career website on rack-centre.workable.com to apply
- Know More About Rack CentreSimilar Jobs
- Project Officer at Morris Royal Limited
- Project Manager - Installation at GE - General Electric
- Manager, Project Management Office at Bridge International Academies
- Software Project Manager at eHealth4everyone
- Project Director at Save The Children
- Project Manager at Fadac Resources
- Project Manager at Subsea 7
- WASH Project Manager at Solidarites International