Environmental Engineer at ExxonMobil
Posted on: 20 November, 2018
Deadline: 4 December, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at ExxonMobil
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Controllers function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the position of:
- The successful candidate will provide key Environmental and Regulatory support to the organization and will liaise with various governmental agencies.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Conducting Environmental studies and securing permits
- Participating in statutory environmental and regulatory audits and assessments
- Stewarding Environmental Management Plan (EMP) development and implementation for facilities/operations.
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of oil and gas production operations and will be conversant with Environmental Management technology and techniques as well as permitting requirements and database management.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following engineering disciplines: Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, Petroleum, Industrial & Production, Material & Metallurgical, Safety Engineering and Risk Management
- 5 - 10 years onshore and/or offshore technical experience
- Familiarity with the Nigerian Environment Laws and Regulations
- Experience in site assessment and incident investigation
- Good knowledge of emergency response processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical competence and leadership ability
- Ability to take initiative and facilitate meetings with multiple stakeholders/business lines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To complete the application process:
- Log onto http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Type in Nigeria in the "Search by location" field
- Click the "Search openings" button to be taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click on the Job title (Drilling Engineer) to view full details on the job you are applying for
- Click the "Apply now" drop down and select "Apply Now" option
- Sign in or click on "create an account"
- To create an account:
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk *(please note your password for future use)
- Click on the "Read and accept the data privacy statement" link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and click "Accept”
- Click "Next" to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up:
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. resume)
- Click "Save" to complete your application profile at a different time or "Submit" to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address
- Click "View Profile" if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under "Jobs Applied" section
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.
- Recent Jobs from ExxonMobil
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Drilling Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Design Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Reservoir Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Construction Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Marine Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Graduate Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Subsea Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Subsurface Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Know More About ExxonMobilSimilar Jobs
- Furniture Machinist at Aframero Limited
- Technical Advisor - Electrical Maintenance at Egbin Power Plc
- Technical Advisor - Boiler Maintenance at Egbin Power Plc
- Warehouse Engineer (Engineering Store) at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Vehicle A/C Technician at PoweredUp Consulting
- Sales Engineer (Power) at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Technologist II (KDUNTSS 07) at KolaDaisi University
- Infrastructure Officer at CARE