Environmental Manager at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
Posted on: 20 November, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in Janitorial Services / Environment
View All Jobs at Odun Environmental Limited (O
Odun Environmental Limited (OEL) - We are an International Environmental and Pollution Control Management and Consultancy Services provider. Odun Environmental Limited (OEL) was established in 2000 and we have since grown and developed steadily. We have a team of competent and certified professionals from a wide range of backgrounds who are at the heart of all we do and are our greatest asset.
- The Environmental Manager is responsible for overseeing the environmental teams and units.
- A knowledgeable environmental manager will combine organisational and management skills with expertise on environmental issues and regulations to advice and help businesses and clients
- Coordinate all aspects of Environmental Studies, Health and Safety, pollution control, waste management, Oil spill clean up and remediation, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- The Environmental Manager will provide expert assessment and advisory services to clients on matters pertaining to the management of environmental issues and liaise with regulators.
- Manage and monitor environmental project activities to ensure timely completion.
- Must have extensive scientific and technical knowledge and experience to conduct or oversee various environmental assessments
- Prepare and Produce scientific and technical proposals and reports
- Obtain environmental permits and develop environmental programs for clients.
- Co-ordinate or Collect data in field studies or at sites
- Analyse and interpret the data gathered in field surveys
- Must have extensive knowledge of environmental regulations, and can advice clients, organisations and institutions on environmental matters
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and best practices
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce environmental risks for organisations and projects
- Build positive and long-term working relationships with clients.
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Coordinate public hearings and consultations on environmental matters when required
- Manage relations with the board of directors, senior management and internal staff
- Monitor and mentor staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
- Negotiate environmental service agreements, sub-contractors and manage associated costs and revenues
Qualifications & Skills
- A University Degree in Engineering, Environmental or related Science discipline
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate reliability and a strong work ethic, be detailed, goal oriented, exhibit time management skills, and perform work accurately in a team-oriented environment.
- Display a high level of computer literacy; Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access).
- Ability to understand detailed instructions and documents, to work independently, and to work as part of a team
- Show initiative, recognise emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions
- Demonstrate strong leadership and influence
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate staff at all levels
- Show commercial awareness and an understanding of business
- Be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- ability to manage projects as well as produce and deliver presentations
- Possess project management skills
- A relevant postgraduate qualification or/and a business development qualification or significant experience in environmental activities carried out may be considered as important
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Admin Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Laboratory Analyst I at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Laboratory Analyst II (Toxicology / Toxicity) at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Environmental Executive/Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Business Development Executive at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Laboratory QA/QC Officer at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- HSE Officer / Supervisor at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Oil Spill Response Executive / Coordinator at Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)
- Know More About Odun Environmental Limited (OEL)Similar Jobs
- Safety & Security Officer at Save The Children
- Quality Health Safety and Environment (QHSE) Manager at Sunray Ventures
- QAQC/QHSE Head at Aftrac Limited
- Health, Safety & Environment Officer at Ascentech Services Limited
- HSE Officer at Arbico Plc
- Fireman at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.
- HSE Officer / Supervisor at ConnectRail Service Limited
- Health & Safety Manager at ConnectRail Service Limited