Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Senior Finance Manager
Project Overview and Role
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year project awarded to Palladium (formerly Futures Group) on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country and sub-national levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in the areas of family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. HP+ aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs. HP+ will help public health and policy leaders attach higher priority to their national and sub-national health needs, secure sustainable financing, advance health equity, and monitor policy implementation to ensure gains stay on track.
HP+ aims to secure long-term enduring change by working with coalitions both inside and outside of health and showing common cause with neglected populations and other development actors. Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments, and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
HP+ Nigeria is supporting state-level efforts to effectively capitalize on key health financing reforms, specifically the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF), by strengthening systems and structures to operationalize the fund, while also meet, and potentially exceed or improve performance to meet, the requirements of Primary Health Care Under One Roof (PHCUOR).
Working in Abia, Osun, Ebonyi and the FCT, as well as some national-level support, HP+ Nigeria is looking to advance the following key objectives: (1) strengthen state-level governance, coordination, and synchronization to sustain stewardship and ownership of key health financing reforms; (2) identify and mobilize predictable and sustainable revenues for state-level health reforms; (3) improve transparency, accountability and efficiency of mobilized resources.
- The Finance Manager is a full-time position to support the local Director and oversee the Nigeria HP+ project finances through an office based in Abuja, Nigeria
- This position is responsible for managing and directing the finance, accounting and financial administration and reporting of the project, including budget administration, accounting, banking and cash management and financial reporting.
- The position reports to the Director of Finance and Admin on a day-to-day basis with specific financial reporting to the Finance & Operations staff at Palladium’s US health practices area in Washington, DC.
- This position will also supervise the Finance Officer located in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Oversee day-to-day financial management and accounting for the projects; maintains and manage financial accounts in coordination with Director and the Palladium DC office;
- Assist in Establishing, maintaining, and updating organizational financial policies and procedures to guide the work of project staff and management;
- Prepare and track project budgets and budget projections; reviews expense reports, vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with established Palladium systems and the client’s rules and regulations;
- Work with the local Director, Country Activity Manager (CAM) and Operations Manager in Washington DC to develop annual budgets, projections, financial plans, costing estimates and monthly cash forecasting;
- Maintain regular communication with the senior management team at HQ (primarily the CAM) by providing relevant and timely financial information for planning and decision making purposes;
- Ensure timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors;
- Work closely with Operations to implement monthly payroll accurately and on time, keep accurate and updated records and conducts regular reviews of staffing financial information;
- Oversee payments to vendors and contractors, consultants and other relevant parties and ensure that proper documentation is present; tracks all tax withholding information that is readily updated and available to project leadership;
- Ensure employees’ Travel Expense Reports (TERs) and Travel Advances (TAs) are submitted on time and reconciled properly;
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records; prepares and submit monthly financial reports as directed by Director in timely manner; and supporting documents are filed appropriately in hard and soft copies.
- Maintain and oversee internal controls; prepares estimates of monthly cash requirements for HQ; coordinate with the Program Operations Manager from Palladium DC; manage project bank account, reconciles monthly accounts and bank statements; submits receipts and invoices;
- Participate in weekly meetings (phone or Skype) with Washington DC Program Operations staff to discuss financial items;
- Ensure field vouchers are prepared accurately, supporting documents are in place, and all transactions are coded in accordance of chart of accounts and project charge code(s).
- When applicable, assist with an internal or external audit activity
- Manage the overall program budget and ensure adequate cash flow, including supervision of the petty cash account.
- Establish processes and systems to manage, disburse and oversee small grants, as required.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed
- A Bachelor's Degree (minimum), or a Master's Degree (desirable), in Accounting, Business Management, or other relevant field.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics).
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons.
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues.
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Proven experience in managing expenditure within budget.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on palladiumhr.secure.force.com to apply