School Accountant at Silverwood School, Maryland
Posted on: 19 November, 2018
Deadline: 7 December, 2018
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Silverwood School, Maryland
Silverwood School, Maryland Lagos is a Creche, Nursery & Primary School with contemporary teaching facilities, a retinue of professional management and teaching staff who ensure that pupils live our motto of: Learn Today, Lead Tomorrow.
School Accountant duties include:
- Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Head of School
- She /he has to maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping. Responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable and recovery is vital.
- The School Accountant is responsible for Organizing Handbook, and administering payroll and pension related functions.
- Assisting Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance, for example LIRS, FIRS, PENCOM, etc
- Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors, Headteacher and the Finance Committee.
- Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to her/his line manager.
- Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
- Be responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, newstarter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
- Be responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the school’s computerize finance accounting.
- In conjunction with the nominated staff members, scrutinise and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account.
- Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value.
- Advise the Directors and its committees as required.
- Ensure that all administrative duties, checks, documentation, reports and returns (internal and external) are completed accurately and submitted within required deadlines.
- Collate information, statistics and prepare reports as required by her/his line manager, the Directors and Head of School
- Accountant with demonstrated experience in customer service account management is very pivotal to the job function
- Self Confident, Mature and well dressed
- Ability to evaluate, analyse and take critical decisions.
- The position also requires administrative and supervisory functions
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application with detailed Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com
- Know More About Silverwood School, MarylandSimilar Jobs
- Investment Research Analyst at Pal Pensions
- Internal Control and Audit Officer at The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
- IITA Coop Administrator at IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Corporate Finance Analyst-Accounts Payable at British American Tobacco
- Grants Officer at Lagos Business School
- Accountant at Jedidiah Airlines Limited
- Lead Grants Manager - Nigeria WATIH at Tetra Tech Company
- Accountant (Contract) at Eko Maintenance Limited