FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- FHI 360 is currently seeking a qualified Team Leader for the upcoming five-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring overall effective programme implementation overseeing technical and administrative components.
- Provide management leadership (programmatic, financial, and administrative) for the programme, ensuring full alignment with national and international standards.
- Lead development of the programme’s overall implementation strategy and workplans with the Deputy Team Leader and other senior level technical staff
- Ensures the programme provides and demonstrates good value for money
- Oversee the implementation of the programme, ensuring the timely achievement of targets and the technical quality of all programme deliverables
- Supervise key personnel, assign responsibility, and enforce accountability
- Effectively represent FHI 360 and maintain working relationships with DFID, government counterparts, and relevant civil society organizations
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the country DFID office, Federal and State Ministry of Health, state leadership, civil society, and FHI 360 headquarters
- Maintain strong working relationships with programme staff, subcontractors, and external stakeholders
- Exercise sound financial management skills, including efficient programme spending
- Support the preparation and delivery to the client of budget variations and contract amendments
- Ensure compliance with DFID and FHI 360 rules and regulations
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Policy and Governance, Health Economics, or other relevant field required
- At least 10 years of senior-level experience designing, implementing, and managing or evaluating complex health programmes, with an emphasis on health systems strengthening; health financing; and/or health sector policy and strategies
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the health policy environment and governance in Nigeria or in a country of similar development context; experience in Nigeria, particularly in the Northern regions preferred
- Demonstrated success managing large, complex international donor programmes; previous experience in managing a DFID contract strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other development programmes, local organizations, host country governments, and international agencies
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required, working knowledge of Hausa preferred
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.