Logistics Supervisor at Dogan's Sugar Limited
Posted on: 16 November, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Dogan's Sugar Limited
Dogan's Sugar Limited is incorporated in July 2013 in Lagos, Nigeria as a European invested company for the will to produce quality sugar products in Nigeria. The company is a subsidiary of Ata Ltd. Co.; Ukraine's biggest and market leader cube sugar manufacturing company with more than %70 market share. Currently Ata is manufacturing more than 20 different FMCG products in Ukraine with different weights and packaging.
- A manufacturing concern based in Lagos is keen to secure the services of an experienced professional as Logistics Supervisor.
- Candidate must have a good first degree in relevant course of study and preferably professional certification.
- He/she must have 3-5 years’ experience in Logistics, preferably for a manufacturing company in Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be required to manage and monitor the drivers and their Vehicles with a view to ensure that goods are shipped and delivered in a timely manner and that they have sufficient training and security awareness required for handling trucking and Delivery of our products.
- You must also have sufficient Back Loading Experience in the South Eastern Region as to be able to source for consignments that would require transportation on the return journey.
- You should be able to support simplification and standardization of processes to accelerate logistics and enhance efficiencies. Identify enhancement opportunities and suggest solutions for improvement to top management. Assist audits of vendor invoices and month-end processing to incorporate finance accruals. Schedule Shipments and Deliveries
- Your main responsibility will be to oversee the transportation of products from our facility to the delivery point, you may also be required to arrange product pickups and deliveries and route drivers accordingly. It is up to the Logistics Supervisor to communicate with trucks, sales personnel and customers. They must ensure that all parties are working together to guarantee that shipments are loaded, sent and delivered in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation Management, or related field
- Experience supervising a 24/7 dispatch operation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with route planning and optimization software
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office software
- Ability to appropriately manage a stressful work environment
- Strong math skills
- Flexibility with work schedule for on-call availability 24/7, weekend and off hours as needed.
Logistics Supervisor Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication, analytical, organizational and customer service skills are all a must for successful Logistic Supervisors.
- The ability to meet sometimes short deadlines and to be detail-oriented are also essential.
- Understanding planning, shipping, warehouse management and inventory systems, managing daily routes/schedules of shipments and deliveries, tracking the progress of shipments, knowing all aspects of warehouse operations, reviewing inventory needs and keeping adequate stock.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the "Job Title" as email subject.
Note: Adhere strictly to the directive. Only candidates who fit the profile will be contacted.
- Know More About Dogan's Sugar LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Logistics Assistant at Lontor Nigeria
- Head, Transport & Logistics at Stresert Services Limited
- Logistics Officer at CARE
- Driver/ Logistics Assistant at Christian Aid
- Logistics Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Barge Operations Supervisor at Iden Equity Partners
- Ware House/Logistics Officer at GZ Industries
- Logistics Planning Manager at Aldelia Limited