Head of School at Millie's International School
Posted on: 15 November, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Millie's International School
Millie's International School is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Head of School
- Millie’s international school, Jericho, Ibadan, seeks a confident and experienced, forward-thinking Female Head of School with great energy and a sense of commitment to lead and to play a key role in developing and delivering our school vision.
- We require a school leader who can inspire our children and engage positively with members of our school community. Someone with excellent communication skills as well as a strong interpersonal and organisational skill; that will use these to support Management in raising the school profile.
- If you are a talented senior leader, then this is an excellent opportunity to lead a vibrant, highly ambitious and caring all school, which is committed to delivering the very best education for all our children.
- To become our new Head of School, you will have a demonstrable successful track record in:
- Outstanding senior leadership experience and skills, in particular in the field of Teaching and Learning
- A commitment to securing high quality inspirational teaching and learning for all.
Leadership and Management:
- Has gained experience of implementation of strategies for raising achievement across the school
- Has experience of monitoring and evaluating effective teaching and learning
- Is able to work closely with staff, parents and the school’s management to achieve common goals
- Ability to participate in the recruitment and selection of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Plan, allocate, support and evaluate work undertaken by the team ensuring clear delegation of tasks and responsibilities in a manner consistent with conditions of employment.
Professional Knowledge and Understanding:
- Has knowledge of statutory requirements relating to schools
- Shows an up-to-date knowledge of developments in education, teaching, learning and assessment
- Determines, organises, implements and monitors the curriculum and its assessment
- Ability to create and sustain an effective partnership with parents to support and improve pupils’ achievement and personal development.
Personal Qualities and Self Development:
- Able to foster an open, fair culture and manage conflict effectively
- Acts as a role model for other staff by consistently displaying the school values
- Deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity
- Shows resilience and recovers quickly from setbacks.
- Is adaptable to change and new information as well as unexpected obstacles
- Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations showing empathy
- Demonstrates inclusive leadership, valuing and learning from diverse perspectives
Training or Qualifications
- Candidate for this post must have a B.Sc. in Education or its equivalent
- Considerable experience of the British Curriculum
- Senior leadership experience (e.g. Head teacher, Deputy Head Teacher)
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional and personal development.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Millie's International School
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Female Nursery & Primary Educator at Millie's International School
- Know More About Millie's International SchoolSimilar Jobs
- Office Assistant at Old Mutual Plc
- Front Desk Officer at Eye Doctors
- Admin Officer at GUO Transport Company Limited
- Vendor Relationship Officer at Philips
- Executive Secretary at Soprom Hotel and Suites
- Vetting Officer at Human Capital Partners (HCP)
- In-Processing Officer at Human Capital Partners (HCP)
- On-boarding Receptionist at Human Capital Partners (HCP)