Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
Finance & Administrative Assistant
The Finance & Admin Assistant is responsible for providing office support by assisting with administrative and financial systems, logistics and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the BA-N State Coordinator and staff with preparation and logistics for community activities, meetings, trainings and other events as needed at the field office.
- Maintain general office systems including filing; coordinating timely timesheet submission; sending, receiving and distributing faxes; and photocopying.
- Assist the office staff with the tracking and development of administrative documents;
- Maintain organized files on all admin and financial related reports and documents.
- Maintain the project field office petty cash, prepare payments, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required, and supervise the processing of staff claims and advances and per diem.
- Complete purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for relevant senior Admin and Finance Officers, and Deputy Project Director – Integrated Projects and Family Planning.
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors.
- Submit monthly financial reports as required to the Senior Finance Officer II.
- Carry out other tasks to support BA-N Integrated project efforts as assigned
This position will have no direct supervisory responsibilities. The position reports to the Senior Program Officer I -State Coordinator for the respective state.
Education and/or Experience:
- HND or Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years work experience with admin and finance support for health programs
- Strong spoken and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level administrative writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Professional and organized
- Experienced in supply management and inventory control
- Fluency in Hausa language
- Internet research abilities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- Email your cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) as ONE PDF DOCUMENT to email@example.com by 5pm (Abuja time) Tuesday November 27, 2018.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be the title of the vacant position (as written in the example) plus the preferred state e.g. “BA-N Finance & Admin Assistant Sokoto”.
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.