Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
Food Security and Livelihoods Supervisors
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC), later adding Primary Health Care and Nutrition activities. This initial intervention was focused on populations living in MMC. The progressive sectorial widening allowed to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in Bolori II in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. In 2018, PUI will further develop its comprehensive response by adding Outreach/Protection and WaSH to the existing country program in Bolori II, and will scale up its intervention with the opening of Kukawa LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. The same donors will support the 2018 intervention. In parallel, PUI is supporting the coordination mechanisms and is running the common logistics platform for all humanitarian actors funded by the logistics cluster (WFP) since 2016, and the partnership has been renewed to this date. PUI is now looking for 4 Food Security and Livelihoods Supervisors for our team in Maiduguri.
POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
Based in: Maiduguri, Borno State
Deadline to apply – 21st of November, 2018
Starting date – 1st of December, 2018
Duration of contract: 5 months
Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and Livelihood Deputy Project Manager (DPM), the Food Security and Livelihoods Supervisor is responsible for the daily implementation of the Food Security and Livelihood Program activities in Maiduguri, Borno State.
The FSL supervisor will supervise the organization, implementation and monitoring of FSL activities within her/his geographical assignment on daily basis.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
- Implementation and monitoring of the Food Security activities
- Lead the implementation of food security and livelihood activities according to the FSL program direction and ensure program quaity standards are manintaiend at field level.
- Organize and supervise all FSL assessment activities pertaining to the project deliverables such as post ditribution monitoring, monthly vendor shop monitoring, price monitoring and/or market assessments.
- Follow up and support her/his team in the identification and registration of beneficiaries, and supplier/vendors.
- Follow up and support the collection of any relevant information from the communities and partners.
- Follow up and support his/her team during E-voucher card distribution and disbursement.
- Contribute in analyzing humanitarian situation in the field and ensure his/hir team are familiar with “Do no Harm “policy.
- Follow up and support to determine protection issues in the field and liase to his/her Line Manager.
- Follow the guidelines, methodology & protocols & train the officers on them.
- Providing supervision to his team and allocate staff under his supervision to Bulama’s area with manageable caseload allocation.
- Ensure that the Food Secuirty Officers have proper workplan (daily and weekly) and tools in place to execute their regular assignment.
- Organize regular meeting with his/her team and ensure they have necessary support.
- Identify the technical and adimistrative needs of the team under his/her supervision.
- Build the technical capacity of the team under supervison through regular on job mentoring and feedback.
- Conduct perofrmance appraisal of Food Secuirty Officers under his/her direct line management.
- Involve in the recuritment of Food Security Officers where applicable.
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the Food Security and Livelihoods Program projects’ goals and agree with the implementation process.
- Actively participate to the good collaboration with local leaders and community representatives for smooth implementation of the program activities.
- Liaise with the local community representatives and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activities.
- Ensure proper training and supervision of the community’s volunteers who take part in the project.
- Follow up and support the sensitizations for the beneficiaries or community’s members according to the identified needs.
Communication and Reporting
- Report to the FSL HDPM on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Submit daily and weekly situational report to line manager on daily and weekly basis.
- Prepare weekly task for his/her team and submit to his/her line manager for validation.
- Collect, enter and analyze his/her team necessary food security data according to the need of the program.
- Extract and pass on compiled statistics (beneficiary, cards, assessments, monitoring, etc) to his/her line manager.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her supervisor and HDPM/PM.
- Develop the first draft of success stories/ best practices documentation in line with FSL activities.
- Report any information, problems, issues to his/her direct and or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, PUI programs and security matters.
Logistic & administration
- Ensure organizational policies, standard operation procedures, security rules and procedures are maintained by the team under his/her supervision.
- Under the responsibility of the FSL DPM, take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of the field team.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools during on-site works by her/his team.
- Support and manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistic department.
- Collect security information, and perform as Protection and Security Focal Person within his/her team.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Language skills: Fluent in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Kanuri and Hausa
- Education degree: Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Food Security, Disaster Risk Management, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Agricultural Extension, Agribusiness Management, or related fields. Previous experience with NGO is required.
- Work experience: At least 2 years or more experience in a similar position in an INGO’s preferably related to food security, livelihoods or emergency response, recovery and resilience building, and cash transfer program.
- Previous experience in Humanitarian assessment, monitoring and evaluation is an asset.
Knowledge and skills
- Food Security and Livelihoods programming
- Cash Programming
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Baseline surveys & Assessment
- Computer skills
- Proficient user of MS office (world and excel) and data collection tools (kobo, ODK, GPS, GIS)
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Transversals skills
- Excellent knowledge of Borno State, willing to travel locally
- Team spirit
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Capacity to mobilize community
- Well organized and rigorous
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.