Finance Manager at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 14 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 December, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support development programs throughout the country.
Ref Id: FINAN01359
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-Time
- The upcoming Nigeria State2State project, funded by USAID, aims to increase the effectiveness, accountability, and transparency of selected state and local governments in Nigeria.
- The program will operate in Bauchi, Sokoto, and at least one other state in the north of Nigeria, and focus on strengthening public financial management and service delivery systems in key sectors such as education, health, and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- The Finance Manager will be based in Sokoto, Bauchi, or a third state in the north of Nigeria.
- The Finance Manager will be responsible to:
- Ensure contractual requirements are met, based on USAID policies and procedures;
- Develop and implement financial procedures in compliance with Creative and USAID policies and procedures;
- Oversee procurement actions, activity execution, subcontracts and consulting agreements consistent with USAID and Creative procedures,
- Provide financial training and guidance to program staff and partners.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Finance Manager reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and supervises one or more Finance Officers.
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations;
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget;
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system;
- Liaise between Creative Associates' field and headquarters offices regarding all program financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed;
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements;
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies;
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses;
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining current project expense data;
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to Finance & Contracts for review and approval by the Controller;
- Prepare monthly field expense reports and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices;
- Provide COP with project’s current financial status;
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff;
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes;
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries, as needed;
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Required Bachelor's degree in relevant field (finance, accounting, business, etc.);
- Recommended Master’s degree in relevant field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing the finances for a project of similar size;
- Experience with USAID project finances and budgeting (preferred) or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies;
- Competent in using computers and financial software;
- Experience managing teams;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English essential;
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks; and
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Creative Associates International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Director of Adaptive Management and Analysis at Creative Associates International
- Grants Manager at Creative Associates International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at Creative Associates International
- Deputy Chief of Party at Creative Associates International
- State Governance Director at Creative Associates International
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Economist (Youth Corps Member) at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Accountant (Youth Corps Member) at Rossland Consulting Limited
- HRH and Capacity Building Advisor - Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- Chartered Accountant (Female) at Invent Alliance Limited
- Grants Manager at Solidarites International
- Deputy Finance Coordinator at Solidarites International
- Finance Coordinator at Solidarites International
- Accountant (M / W / D) at Julius Berger