Grants Manager at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 14 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 December, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support development programs throughout the country.
Location: Bauchi, NGA
Job Type: Full-time
- The upcoming Nigeria State2State project, funded by USAID, aims to increase the effectiveness, accountability, and transparency of selected state and local governments in Nigeria.
- The program will operate in Bauchi, Sokoto, and at least one other state in the north of Nigeria, and focus on strengthening public financial management and service delivery systems in key sectors such as education, health, and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nigeria. The Grants Manager will serve as the principal point of contact and Manager for Grant Administration.
- S/he will be responsible to ensure effective and efficient management of grants administration and to ensure flexible, innovative, and rapid-response mechanisms are designed to target key zones within Nigeria.
- S/he will also ensure that the Grant Management and administration function is always in compliance with Creative and USAID’s policies and procedures; and will work towards capacity building of the recipients as well as the other staff members in the area of grants management.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Grants Manager reports to the Chief of Party. The Grants Manager supervises Grant Officers and Grants Specialists.
- Provide oversight and management of grants staff and grants program;
- Organize and coordinate organizational staffing structure and workflow of grants staff activities and administration;
- Responsible for ensuring quality control and the integrity of the data in Creative’s online grants database and ensures that the data in the system is always up-to-date;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Creative’s grants policies as detailed in the Field Manual and the projects Grants Manual;
- Coordinate closely with program staff to ensure timely administration and monitoring of grant agreements;
- Coordinate with finance, procurement, and program staff to facilitate grantee kick-off meeting, monitoring and closeout of grant activities;
- Provide guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as grantees of Creative’s grants policies and procedures and USG regulation;
- Manage the grants and direct implementation pipeline;
- Ensure that grant master files are always up-to-date and ready for audit;
- Lead the grants management team to serve as a central point of grant activity coordination and facilitation;
- Provide support to technical units on grants compliance and the online grants database;
- Provide training in grants compliance to project staff; and
- Perform other tasks as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience (including at least two year of supervisory experience) working in complex and challenging field operational contexts;
- Bachelors' degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is required;
- Experience managing teams;
- Minimum two (2) years’ financial administration experience essential;
- Competent in computers and using financial software essential;
- Understanding of budget and cost control management essential;
- Excellent written and spoken English essential;
- USAID program experience desirable;
- Grants program experience desirable;
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks; and
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Creative Associates International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Director of Adaptive Management and Analysis at Creative Associates International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at Creative Associates International
- Finance Manager at Creative Associates International
- Deputy Chief of Party at Creative Associates International
- State Governance Director at Creative Associates International
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Investment Analyst at Lidya Nigeria
- Financial Assistant at OPPO Nigeria
- Cashier at Somotex Limited
- Director, Finance and Administration at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
- Grants Officer at Plan International
- Finance Manager at Plan International
- Audit Trainee at Oluokun Adeyemi & Co
- Finance Manager at Jagal Group