Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
Business Analyst, Process Excellence
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
The Role & Opportunity
- The Business Analyst, Process Excellence, will have a leading role in helping to reshape critical business process across the organization.
- They will join at the ground floor of a new team with an ambitious agenda to deliver change performance improvement across critical business functions like Sales, Operations, Training Depts, Call Centres, HR, etc
- They will report to the Process Excellence Leader a former Strategy Consultant at Bain & Company, and Program Manager at One Acre Fund
- They will benefit from world class professional development opportunities and get unparalleled exposure across a Solar Company delivering live changing products to customers across Africa and Asia.
- Business Process Analysis: Conduct analysis of existing business processes & systems through observation, interviews, data analysis, etc. Summarize and succinctly present findings to your supervisor and other leaders in Greenlight Planet
- Process design, redesign and vetting: Work with your supervisor and project sponsors to design critical business processes that deliver increased revenue, reduce cost, or qualitative improvements like customer satisfaction. Design processes with strong controls and KPI measurement.
- Pilot and/or lead scale implementation of new processes & systems: Work with project sponsors to prototype new processes or business improvements; project manage for successful implementation; collect data & feedback on performance; roll-out changes to all country operations.
- Prepare client ready documentation: Prepare crisp and polished documentation of new systems including process documents, reporting dashboards [excel, looker, BI etc.] training materials, presentations etc.
- Training: Conduct trainings with junior, and senior field and office based staff members transferring knowledge and excellent implementation of new processes
- Field Visits: Conduct field visits with EB operations across West Africa
- Any other business: Any other business as assigned by your supervisor
The ideal candidate has:
- Top marks at a top 5 Regional or Globally recognized University with a Degree in Commerce, Engineering, Sciences, Education or other relevant discipline.
- Advanced Degree is welcome
- 2+ years experience in an strategy or operational consulting role from a top regional or global consulting firm or business.
- 1+ years experience in project management
- 1+ years experience training teams
- Highly analytical with high degree of competency in Excel/Google Sheets, BI software (Looker, Microsoft BI, Tableau) and other analytical tools [this will be tested, do not apply if you do not have these skills]
- Critical Thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with qualities of being able to work independently and figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills and presence of mind.
- Track record of success in their role e.g. fast promotion, demonstrable experience in exceeding results in their role
- Ambitious, works hard and works smart (efficiently) wants to supercharge their professional development
- Excellent communication skills able to distill information and understand the way to communicate to different audiences to get results
- Demonstrates humility
- Passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and resolving their issues.
- Driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities. Should be a values driven individual.
- Greenlight Planet offers competitive compensation, annual performance reviews, weekly professional development chats, a fun, supportive work environment, free lunch, medical insurance, workplace accident scheme, and opportunities for continued professional career growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Method of Application
Note: Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people: We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.
Interested and qualified? Go to Greenlight Planet career website on www.greenlightplanet.com to apply