GFFO Project Manager - LC at Plan International
Posted on: 12 November, 2018
Deadline: 2 December, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
GFFO Project Manager - LC
Type of Role: 3 Year FTC
Reports to: Lake Chad Programme Coordinator and WARO DRM Programme Specialist
- Plan International has full-fledged Country programmes in three out of four affected countries in the Lake Chad Basin. Since 2016 Plan International is coordinating and harmonizing its response to the Lake Chad crisis through the Lake Chad Programme, currently coordinated by the Lake Chad Programme Unit.
- Plan International Germany is supporting this programme right from the beginning through projects focusing on Child Protection in Emergencies and support to survivors of (sexually related) Gender Based Violence, among others funded by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO) through a multi-country intervention in Nigeria, Cameroon and Niger.
- With the new strategic phase of the Lake Chad Programme, which will also include the Nexus between humanitarian-development and peace building (called social cohesion), GFFO is willing to shift its support from project based funding support to programme based funding support - with a focus on the protection outcomes and humanitarian targets of the new Lake Chad Programme strategy and framework.
- As this is a pilot approach for all entities involved (the implementing Country Offices, the Lake Chad Programme Unit, Plan International Germany and GFFO), we are seeking a Project Manager (PM) for the GFFO Project Intervention to ensure and support.
- The PM role will be to support the coordination and implementation of the GFFO funded protection intervention under the new Lake Chad Programme Strategy in close collaboration with the three concerned Plan International country offices (COs), the Lake Chad Programme Unit and its Coordinator and Plan International Germany. The latter acts as prime contractual partner of GFFO.
- The main objective of this position is to support the smooth implementation of the GFFO funded pilot programme intervention across the three countries and to act as interface between the key GFFO intervention stakeholders (CO implementation teams, Lake Chad Programme Unit and Plan International Germany).
- Demonstrable experience of organizational representation and engagement with humanitarian donors
- Well developed written and oral communication skills in French and English. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to guide local and international staff and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Ability to operate effectively under a stressful working environmen, in an emergency context
- Well organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- General knowledge and understanding of CPIE and GBViE minimum standards, Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE, Red Cross/NGO Code of Conduct and other relevant international standards for humanitarian response. General CPiE, GBV and TVET/IGA related experience is considered as an advantage.
- Requires general finance, administration, information management and telecommunication skills and proficiency in IT/computer skills (including sound MS excel and word proficiency)
Method of Application
- Please note this is a unaccompained post
- Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
- Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
Interested and qualified? Go to Plan International career website on jobs.plan-international.org to apply
- Know More About Plan InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Program Manager at Ventures Platform
- Project Management Assistant at eHealth4everyone
- Project Manager (Mechanical Engineer) at Recore Limited
- Project Manager at ConnectRail Service Limited
- WaSH Project Coordinator at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Project Officer at Randstad Construction Property Engineering
- Project Manager at Vodacom Nigeria
- Project Officer at Greenswealth Corporate Services Limited