Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic came into being on the 2nd of February, 1989 wide Kaduna State Edict No. 3 (subsequently amended in 2004). The Edict charged the Polytechnic to among other things provide for training and development of techniques in Applied Science, Engineering and Commerce as well as in other spheres of learning.
Director, Physical Planning
Director, Physical Planning shall be responsible for:
- Overall control of Works and Services Department.
- Formulating divisional strategies to achieve institutional goals.
- Planning and controlling the technical activities of the Works and Services Department.
- Advising the Rector on the acquisition, operation and maintenance of all Polytechnic assets.
- Preparing the Division’s budget and exercising budgetary controls.
- Keeping an inventory of all vehicles, maintenance, security and upkeep.
- Desk officer on TETfund intervention on infrastructural development and maintenance.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Rector.
The candidate for the post is expected to be;
- A holder of a good degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Building, Town Planning, Estate Surveying and Valuers etc; with at least twenty (20) years relevant experience or a holder of a good masters degree in the relevant field plus at least eighteen (18) years or a holder of PhD with fifteen (15) years relevant experience.
- Must be registered with appropriate professional body.
Terms of Appointment
- The salary of the Director Physical Planning is CONTISS 15.
- An official car.
- Sabbatical within Nigeria on completion of tenure provided the officer is not retiring.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit twelve (12) copies of their hand written Application including photocopies of certificates and CV to the "Registrar" using the address below indicating:
- Name (surname first and underlined).
- Date of birth.
- State of origin and local government area.
- Postal address, email and phone numbers.
- Marital status.
- Educational institutions attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Publications (a) Journals (b) Conferences and book of proceedings (c) Paper presented at conferences or seminars.
- Working experience with dates.
- Name and address of present employer, salary and current status.
- Services to community, state, national and international organizations.
- Names and address of three (3) referees.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope labelled “Application For The Post of Polytechnic Librarian, Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, P.M.B. 1061, Zaria” to:
Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 1061, Zaria,
Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the address above.
Note: Candidates will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other credentials at the interview.