The University of Port Harcourt hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Academic position below:
PTDF Professorial Chair in Gas Engineering
Location: Port Harcourt
- The PTDF Professorial Chair in Gas Engineering is located at the permanent site of the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. The Chair is endowed by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund.
To be eligible to apply for the position, a prospective candidate must meet the requirements specified hereunder:
- Should be a Professor in a reputable institution and have cognate teaching, research and consulting experiences in the Natural Gas and LNG Production and Flow Measurement, including verifiable engagement in active professional activities at the local and international levels.
- Should have carried out verifiable research and parade very high impact publications in Gas Engineering.
- Should possess the capacity to initiate value-adding studies to the oil and gas industry, the academia and the wider society, including possession of in-depth knowledge and capacity to apply cutting-edge technology that powers the gas industry.
- Should be self-motivated and possess the capacity to embrace team approach to solving problems and must be ready to work with academic and industry professionals at the highest levels, including related departments and institutions in globally benchmarked research and practical field experiences.
- In addition, applicants for the job should state the following in clear terms: Vision, Mission and Logistical Approach to the job description, including the operational structure and anticipated leadership approach to be adopted in administering the Chair.
Conditions of Service
- The successful candidate will serve for a period of three (3) years in the first instance, and the appointment may be renewed for another two (2) years, subject to satisfactory job performance.
- The conditions of service and salary are quite attractive and arc as approved for enhanced Professorial Chairs endowed by Petroleum Technology Development Fund in the Nigerian university system. The conditions include prospects for high impact research programmes and participation in local and international conferences, amongst other perquisites of office.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 30 copies of their detailed CV, stating telephone numbers, email addresses, age, marital status, schools attended with dates, qualifications obtained and cognate experience (such as teaching, research and publications, including evidence of sustained community service)
All completed applications should be sent and addressed to:
University of Port Harcourt,
First Floor, Senate Building,
- Applicants are also advised to request three Referees to forward confidential reports on them to reach the Registrar within the stipulated application window period.
- Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for further interactions.