Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact West Africa seeks a highly experienced and qualified candidate for a short term hire to fill the below position for a period of 13 days in Abuja.
IT Support Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- General IT support to the Country office and SAQIP team;
- Perform AD administration, create new users, unlock accounts; reset passwords and join new Abuja based users to the AD for authentication
- Ensure backup and restore process is running daily without failure;
- Maintain office local network and Internet access for staff in CO and all other project offices, monitor and allocate internet package to the field offices on ASTA sat;
- Communicate downtime to staff (via email) and escalate to services providers and support troubleshooting steps via PRTG, phone and other means;
- Troubleshoot connectivity problems with Cool link ISP by linking up with contact person in each of the field offices to determine the cause and coordinate resolution.
- Perform maintenance of computer and other peripherals where necessary (scanners, photocopiers, printers etc.);
- Build new computer system for staff (when necessary), install Pact software sets, configure email and other relevant software applications;
- Take part and supervise any external maintenance of IT equipment (printers, copiers, projectors etc.);
- Help the operation’s unit with specification of related IT purchases;
- Perform maintenance of all Pact Nigeria computers and peripherals when necessary
- Installation of new hardware and software when the need arise.
- Attend to all computer breakdown/repair maintenance call
- Maintain office LAN, internet and printer sharing
- Maintain office e-mail and website facilities
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Manage Pact Nigeria systems (Dropbox, Smartsheet, AWS, DHIS et.tc)
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of BSC in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related degree.
- Minimum on 4 years’ experience working in a similar role with an International Organization.
- Industry’s certification and membership i.e. Microsoft, Cisco certified IT professional certification.
- Experience in international development project management and donor funds administration.
- Proven track record in maintaining IT structural integrity.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com. The deadline for submission is close of business on Friday 9th November 2018, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.