Environmental / Regulatory Technician II at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Posted on: 7 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry
Environmental / Regulatory Technician II
Location: 155 - Qua Iboe Terminal (QIT), Nigeria
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard - 6 days on / 1 days off
- Inspection, basic maintenance and testing of multimedia (air, water and solid) portable environmental monitoring equipment used in an oil complex including stack monitoring equipment, PID, FID analyzers, etc., maintaining inventory of spares for these equipment, record keeping of all related items managed by the environmental team.
- Environmental and regulatory technical support.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to the Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 2:
- Assist Sr. Environment Engineer and Environment Engineers in their activities for routine environmental monitoring and environmental data collection.
- Any other environment related activities assigned by the Sr. Environment Engineer and/or Environment Engineer.
- Operate the 750 kg/hr Gencor Beverly solid waste incinerator
- Operate the fork lift and waste truck to handle waste at the Segregation and Incinerator Yards.
- Conduct routine / preventive maintenance of the waste incinerator and supervise similar activities by 3rd party contractors.
- Track and keep record of all Incinerator Maintenance (Daily/Weekly Preventive/Routine).
- Provide oversight for in-house waste reception and 3rd party waste evacuation.
- Track, collate and update monthly waste data (generation/disposed/produced ash/recycled, etc.) for trending and reporting (Regulatory etc.) to facilitate improvement communications in the waste management process.
- Conduct in-house monitoring of incinerator flue gas.
- Carry out/support assessment of waste management facilities and processes, and close-out of actions in company and for 3rd party facilities.
- Provide training and guidance on acceptable waste management processes/practices to Units and Functions within company
- Candidates should have 10+ years’ experience with an oil and gas company in the SSHE and/or regulatory compliance field, preferably related to a construction or extractive industry, project or other international construction with environmental, regulatory, socioeconomic, and/or health aspects.
- Degree in Environmental or Natural Sciences, Natural Resource Management or with Technical, Science, Environmental Science, Technology (AS or BS) or related discipline, is preferred but not mandatory and technical field related to SSHE management
- Understand basic industry project construction principles and techniques (upstream petroleum industry preferred)
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills, some supervisory/organizational talents, and proven ability to work in a positive team manner, hardworking attitude / commitment towards achieving project objective,
- Self-confidence to instruct contractors/project workers regarding regulatory compliance and Safety, Health Environment and Security (SHE&S) performance/ implementation requirements
- Fluent (at a technical level) in the predominant in-country language(s); familiarity with English is desirable
- Environmental, Regulatory, Safety, Health processes and Government Affairs/Regulatory Compliance and tool knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for reporting; advanced user with Adobe for document management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
- Know More About Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- QHSE Coordinator at Librod Energy Services Limited
- HSE Officer at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Fire Safety Supervisor at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Senior HSE Engineer at Subsea 7
- Safety & Security Coordinator at Women for Women International
- HSE Team Lead at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Chief Officer, Safety at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Experienced Hire at Petrok Oil and Gas