Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
- Responsible for attending to medical accidents and caring for sick personnel and crews on the Rigs and Work-Over-Units.
- Acts as the HSE Mangers adviser on all matters related to hospital services, staff health, health reporting and the hygienic conditions at all clinics and sick bay facilities.
- Check and secure that each crew has passed their medical examination before taking aboard.
- Respond to accidents and or ill crew member.
- Responsible for supervising all company Occupational Health Nurses (OHN) and ensuring that company clinics and operated in accordance with best practice.
- Assuring enough supply of medicines and other medical equipment on rig and all other operated clinics.
- Keeping medical records of each crew.
- Periodic review of MO policy and advising management on all medically related issues.
- Plan and execute in-house training and development projects relating to health, medical awareness sessions, sanitation and first aid.
- Providing input on Site Specific Emergency Response Planning.
- Assist HSE Manager or Safety Officer in their duties as required.
- Other tasks as required by HSE or Management.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Must be a graduate of a medical school and must hold a license to practice as a medical doctor.
- Must have first-aid or emergency response training (EMT, AHLS, ACLS, First Responder, etc.)
- Must have at least 5 years experience working as a medical staff
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must have basic knowledge of rig operations and typical exposure of staff to rig related medical stresses, illnesses and accidents.
- Must have basic knowledge of treatment of accidents and trauma cases/emergency Injuries.
- Must have knowledge of fit-to-work administration.
- Must be familiar with Emergency Rescue and Evacuations.
- Must have knowledge and skills in dealing with accidents and minor and major illnesses.
- Must have knowledge in basic pharmacy; can prescribe effective medications.
- Basic knowledge in record keeping.
HSE, BSc, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Rig Doctor - email@example.com