Greensprings School, is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months - 18years. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state of the art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song.
Deputy Operations Manager
- Translate strategies into tactics for the entire operations function
- Participate in establishing strategic plans and objectives
- Makes decisions on operational matters and ensures operation’s effective achievement of objectives
- Select, assign, evaluate and instruct supervisors, technicians and/or engineers
- Responsible for support procedures for the school
- Prepare budgets, schedules, performance standards established/attained
- Lead/implement change initiatives
- Create, interpret, administer and execute policies/ procedures with broad, significant impact
- Thinks and acts strategically; develops, implements and operationalizes strategic and business objectives
- Effectively collaborates with leaders in initiating, designing, and implementing programs and activities
- Demonstrates high ethics that aligns with Greensprings School core values: - Child-centeredness; -Respect; -Integrity; -Excellence; -Entrepreneurship; -Service and -Sustainability
- Responsible for maintenance of school facilities and equipment, including preventative maintenance program
- Ensures a stimulating and conducive environment for learning, teaching and working
- Plan, organize, maintain, and manage the operations and reliability of school facilities and general infrastructure systems. Establish and monitor preventative maintenance processes and programs and facility inspection processes for on-going review of maintenance work by external agencies.
- Develop, recommend, and administer policies, procedures, and processes in support of surroundings and building maintenance operations; implement and monitor compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes.
- Monitor spending on projects; recommend and implement corrective spending plans; review and approve purchase orders; administer contracts; obtain price quotes and bids; process and approve employee purchases; ensure compliance with school purchasing rules.
- Monitor the safety and accessibility of the school and its facilities. Serve as the point of contact for the various government agencies on compliance issues, accessibility improvement projects, and/or other related issues.
- Monitor and oversee the work of external contractors to ensure terms of agreements are met and work is completed satisfactorily.
- Participate in the development and administration of ground and building maintenance budget; coordinate the allocation of resources following budget approval; recommend approval of expenditures.
- Ensure that appropriate procedures are in place for the practical organization of the day to day cleaning operation
- Ensure that processes are in place to monitor stocks of cleaning equipment and materials in order that orders can be placed on a timely basis.
- Ensure that monitoring programs are in place to ensure that cleaning staff carry out their duties to the required standards.
- Ensure a reporting system is in place for notifying building and furniture defects to the maintenance unit.
- Carry out performance reviews and appraisals.
- Approve requisition forms for equipment, uniforms and materials required by the department.
- Approve menus with kitchen supervisor and chefs.
- Ensure that the meals provided have a suitable nutritional value in line with the requirements of the School.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived and due diligence (the care that a reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons) is in operation.
- Monitor the quality of the product and service provided
- Financial planning and managing budgets
- Keeping to budgets and maintaining financial and administrative records
- Manage stock control and ensure that FIFO stock method is used.
- Run the kitchen in line with health and safety, food hygiene, and nutritional regulations
- Supervise kitchen staff and waiting staff
- Ensure that food goes out on time, and that the quality of the food is of a high standard.
- Introduce cost saving innovation and ideas without sacrificing quality
- Direct procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors
- Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors
- Ensure that an approved vendor/supplier database is established and updated
- Develop, negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational requirements
- Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies
- Monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements
- Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance
- Oversee supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations
- Troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases
- Introduce performance improvement measures for suppliers and vendors
- Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements
- Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders
- Review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures
- Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts
- Monitor and reduce purchase variances to meet profit objectives
- Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs and delivery performance
- Supervise administrative, service skilled and technical/support staff.
- Performance manage, develop and motivate staff
- Ensure that all Health & Safety procedures are followed, in accordance with the school’s HSE guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that the school calendar is being monitored to identify school events and programs and ensure that arrangements are made to support these programs.
- Collect and analyze a variety of complex data and information, including utility costs and usage. Perform statistical analysis and summarize findings in applicable reports or other communication mediums.
- Produce reports and meet regularly with the Director of Administration to discuss the provisions and effectiveness of the department.
- Contribute toward the development of standard operating procedures and best practices in all areas of influence, and continue to find new ways to improve quality and efficiency.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with policies and procedures
- Direct continuous improvement of operational processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions
- Collaborate with operations leader across campus to build organization-wide best practices
- Participate in/on a variety of meetings, committees, and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding services, programs, areas of opportunity, and/or other pertinent information as appropriate.
- Serve as a liaison with other departments within the School, the PTA, the community, and external agencies in order to provide information on available resources, projects, and/or services.
- Wants to do a good job and does not give up
- Works to goals and manages obstacles
- Drives for improvement despite frequent obstacles
- Sets and meets challenging goals and seeks long term improvement
- Assesses and takes risks to make significant gains
- Breaks down issues
- Sees key issues
- Tests all angles
- Does complex analysis
Customer Service Orientation:
- Delivers a service
- Adds value
- Addresses underlying needs
- Serves long term interests
- Improves and acts now
- Adapts existing approach and acts and looks ahead
- Anticipates the future, and develops new approaches and ideas
- Creates opportunities and acts for the long term
- Accepts need for flexibility
- Applies procedures flexibly
- Adapts tactics/approach
- Makes organizational change
Holding People Accountable:
- Provides direction
- Demands high standard
- Holds people accountable for performance
- Addresses longer term performance issues
Leading and Developing Others:
- Gives direction and instruction
- Supports team development
- Is a role model for effective leadership
- Gains commitment and inspires others to achieve
- Confident in own role
- Acts independently
- Presents confidently
- Prepared to challenge and take risk
Relationship Building for Influence:
- Builds rapport and takes several steps to persuade
- Maintains network and plans impact
- Extends network and uses indirect influence
- Knows own limitations
- Recognizes emotions
- Understands impact on others
- Manages emotions
- Integrate people of different backgrounds into teams in order to achieve business objectives
- Listen to others' points of view
- Uses own understanding of team dynamics to harmonize working and enhance results
- Creates energy and clarity so that people want to work purposefully together
- Inspires others to want to take a specific role as part of a shared purpose.
- Sets goals
- Looks for better ways to achieve set goals
- Explores ways in which value can be added to the organization
- Changes the nature of what is done and benefits gained by thinking and planning with creativity
Education and Experience
- University Degree/HND qualification
- Experience in facilities management
- People management experience
- Working knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Working knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to area of responsibility
- Knowledge of HSE
- Financial acumen
- High competency level in MS Office application
Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes:
- Staff members are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the five core values of the school:
- Child centeredness
- The school expects all staff members to uphold themselves in a manner that inspires and encourages outstanding behavior within the student body.
- The school reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the school.
- In some circumstances, the job holder may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities of a similar post in order to support workload peaks and skill shortages to ensure priorities are met.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org