PfD’s staff and volunteers work in partnership with local and international groups to improve quality of life for vulnerable people in underserved communities. We envision a more just, peaceful, and environmentally sustainable world, and seek to empower people by increasing their access to training, education, and resources to create more vibrant and resilient communities, with more accountable leadership. PfD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Business Development Manager
Primary responsibilities include coordination of proposals, working with country program office staff to execute proposal vision while adhering to RFP/A requirements and PfD proposal processes; serving as a writer on proposal teams (especially for non-technical sections); supporting all stages of proposal recruitment; developing proposal budgets; and supporting the Program Development Manager as needed. The candidate will: support multiple, simultaneous new business efforts at different stages of the bid life cycle and provide day-to-day operational support to Program Development Manager, including tracking and reporting for senior management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions throughout the life of the proposal.
- Handle proposal management and coordination of multiple bids, depending on bid size and complexity.
- Work with PfD staff to prepare material for proposals, including meeting with potential partners.
- Travel to establish relationships with the client, potential partners and/or local staff, gather operational information and country context, and analyze the competitive environment.
- Serve as writer, drafting proposal chapters and annexes based on expressed needs.
- Track compliance with PfD controls and proposal processes and procedures, troubling shooting issues as needed.
- Participate in proposal review panels.
- Use networks and contacts in support of pipeline development and the verification of specific new business opportunities. Undertakes desktop research, coordinating as necessary with other PfD staff members.
- Responsible for relevant research and desk reviews for proposal prep.
- Assist in the tracking of new business opportunities and updates pipeline.
- Draft weekly Business Development updates for staff.
- Tweet live from the PfD account from events or conferences.
- Draft inputs for PfD’s social media accounts.
- Manage logistics and administrative issues for business development travel.
- Coordinate consultant database and consultant agreements.
- Attend relevant events, conferences and meetings.
Complete other duties as assigned.
- Relevant advanced degree in international development or similar field – MPH preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in international development.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience in business development.
- Demonstrated success in securing significant funding from public and private sources, including US Government agencies.
- Field experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (writing samples are required), and strong facilitation skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Self-reliant problem solver.
- Ability to thrive in a multiple deadline, sometimes stressful environment.
Reports to: Program Development Manager
Method of Application
To ensure your application is reviewed, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “BD Manager Nigeria NAME”. Applicants will be reviewed on an ongoing basis