EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Senior - Analytics Delivery Specialist
Job ID: NIG00032
- As an Audit Analytics Delivery specialist, you work with Audit teams to plan and scope the use of leading edge analytics solutions and deliver them through by using Audit analytics tools.
- You will work closely and engage with the client’s IT function to successfully manage data capture and extraction process, data cleansing and testing.
Detailed key responsibilities
Quality and technical delivery:
- Work with Senior Manager (Analytics), Engagement Manager and audit team to plan and operationalize analytics strategy
- Assist Audit teams in scoping and planning the use of Analytics on more complex / larger engagements
- Support Audit teams in conversations with clients related to data security, data capture methods, etc. and work with clients’ IT functions to extract relevant data in more complex cases
- Monitor data transformation activities (e.g. data validation, etc.) performed by the Analytics delivery team
- Ensure documentation of data capture and transformation procedures is of consistently high quality
- Develop and maintain trust-based relationships with clients (external and internal) and encourage the team to deliver exceptional client service and continuously improve client satisfaction
Growth and innovation:
- Support in promoting the use and knowledge of Analytics in Audit; train and educate others (both clients and Auditors) on the methods and value of Analytics
- Support the entrenchment of analytics across the business and educate others on the analytics tools and value
- Be directly involved in Audit pursuits with Audit teams and clients
- Stay abreast of technology advancements and propose how to leverage them in audit
- Contribution to the development of custom analytics solutions where appropriate
People and Operations:
- Provide coaching, counselling and regular feedback to junior team members
- Escalate issues related to analytics deployment to Senior Manager (Analytic) and Engagement Manager on a timely basis
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting, Finance or Business discipline, supported by minimum of 4 years’ work experience in data analysis, capture, transformation, and understanding business processes
- ICAN, ACCA, CISA certification (or equivalent) required
- Competence in using database management software, statistical and predictive machine learning software and link analysis / data visualization software
- Relevant knowledge of data analysis and strong analytical skills in related software, including ACL ,MS SQL Server, SQL SSIS, MS Excel, MS Access or similar software
- Relevant knowledge of other analytics tools is a plus, e.g. BI/visualization, data extraction, data transformation, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) specific tools (e.g. SAP, Oracle), or similar tools
- Experience of advising external clients on insights and strategies related to data analytics, ideally in the audit domain.
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.