Mechanical Technician at Efficacy Construction Company
Posted on: 1 November, 2018
Deadline: 2 November, 2018
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Efficacy Construction Company
Efficacy Construction Company is a Lagos Nigerian-based Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Company that specializes in all Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Works.
Category: Mechanical and Heavy Duty Equipment
- All maintenance tasks (scheduled and emergent) relevant to rotating and ancillary equipment and emergency tasks.
- Permitting compliance with safety requirements and liaison and coordination with other Departments as required.
- Ensures equipment, materials and tools are on-hand for work execution. Reports resources and time utilized, job scope expansion, rework or deferred maintenance as required; also keeping all tasks and activities logged and up-dated.
- Implementation of routine checks including vibration and temperature inspections on designated rotating equipment and ensuring logging or recording of all readings; includes preliminary assessment and reportage on as found conditions.
- Repairs to other static equipment as required – valves, pipe-work, pressure vessels and tanks and such-like.
- Supervises On-site Contractor work execution inclusive of crane rigging and lifting operations as designated.
- Ensuring work compliances to standards, tolerances and fits and working in accordance with sound engineering practices.
- Ensuring mechanical spare parts availability for scheduled and projected jobs inclusive of spare inventory (physical) checking and stock inspections and preliminary liaison with Suppliers and Vendors for proposals etc.
- Equipment Problems Trouble-shooting and Basic Root Cause Analysis and Development of Solutions.
- Liaison with & assisting other Engineering Departments as required.
Other duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on electric and mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoot complex problems associated with electrical and mechanical machinery by following precedential steps and corrective actions
- Train others to install, use, or maintain electrical and mechanical systems
- Install electric parts and hardware using appropriate tools equipment such as soldering irons Align and fit assemblies using hand and power tools
- Fabricate replacements (temporarily where possible) for unavailable parts until they can be procured from the vendor
- Diagnose Issues with complex control systems and employ tactics to resolve them effectively
- OND, NABTEB, HND in Electrical/Mechanical certification or equivalent from an approved Institution
- Previous experience in a mechanical technician role is required.
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Good oral and written and communication skills
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- A thorough knowledge of mechanical components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes
- Knowledge and experience regarding industry HSE standards.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Team Player
- High level of integrity
- Good emergency response
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV and Cover Letter (with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know More About Efficacy Construction CompanySimilar Jobs
- Technical Support Officer at DialPay Solutions
- Plumber at Stresert Services Limited
- HVAC Sales Engineer at Aldelia Limited
- Vehicle Tracking Officer at God Is Good Motors - GIGM
- Engineering Manager at Mc Timothy Associates
- Chief Technical Officer at KPMG
- Heating Ventiolator & Air Conditioner at Stresert Services Limited
- Mechanical Technician (Manufacturing Sector) Mechanical Technician (Manufacturing Sector) at Stresert Services Limited