Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 3 (Three) months (with possibility of extension) - Probation period: 1 month.
Goal / Purpose
- The procurement manager supports the deputy LogCoo in implementing and supervising all purchases activities at mission level.
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the purchaser or storekeeper in their absence.
List of Main Tasks
Management of purchase:
- Assess the markets and identify the main and/or relevant suppliers
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control and ensure Solidarités International purchase procedures are respected
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Make purchase file for validation : quotation, bid analysis, contract …
- Proceed with the purchase
- Compose and archive purchase folders
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
- Coordinate with the stock/freight manager when there is delivery
- Follow up the purchase planning with the purchase schedule
- Provide feedbacks on the status of the purchase
Human resource management:
- Assist with Log training sessions for the log team
- Participate in the recruitment of his/her team
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the work of his/her team
- Appraise personnel under his/her direct supervision
- Validate planning, follow attendance of his/her team
- Preparation of the IOF follow up for the Monthly logistic Pack
- Professional experience: experience in supply, purchase, management. experience in NGO is a plus,
- Personal qualities: dynamic, organized, methodical, team spirit, managerial skills, meticulous
- Training: Academic degree such as Bachelor's in logistics, trade or Higher National diploma in procurement, business or equivalent.
- Languages: English, Kanuri, Hausa is a plus
- IT skills: Microsoft software practise (word, Excel)
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
Method of Application
- Candidates will be required to attach CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on docs.google.com to apply