Benson Idabosa University, Benin City is a faith-based private University licensed by the Federal Government in Februaty 2002. The vision of the University flows from the divine mandate of raising academics, professionals and entrepreneurs committed to changing Nigeria for the better, by LEADING THE CHANGE.
It is hereby notified for general information that vacancy exist for the position of Librarian of Benson Idahosa University Benin City. The Governing Council therefore, in accordance with the relevant sections of the University’s Statutes, has approved that appropriate machinery be set in motion for the selection of suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and is the Head of University Library;
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership;
- Possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff.
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall Administration of the University Library and the coordination of Library services in the University and its Faculties, Departments, Extensions and for providing services for the entire University community.
Candidates for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practicing Librarian.
- Possess a good Honours degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division, Master and Doctorate in Library or Information Science or related field from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification experience preferably in a University or other institutions of Higher learning.
- Have published papers in professionally recognized journals to merit professional states, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer appreciations.
Eligibility for Interview:
- Only candidate whose age will not be more than sixty (60) years if qualifIed will be shortlisted.
Salary and Condition of Service
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single-term of five years and on such terms and conditions as maybe specified in his or her letter of appointment.
- Remuneration will be consolidated salary for University Librarian with NUC approved benefits and allowance as applicable to the Nigerian University System/other benefits/entitlement as approved from time to time by the Governing Council of Benson Idahosa University.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of their Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Name in full with Surname in capital letters
- Post desired and department
- Date of Birth
- Marital status
- Current Postal Address
- Current E-mail Address
- Names and ages of children if any
- Institutions attended with dates
- Professional qualification obtained with dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience
- Present Employment, Status Salary and Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and addresses of previous employer(s)
- Three Referees Report
- Signature and Date
Candidates are expected to request their referees to forward their report under confidential cover to the Registrar, Benson Idahosa University before the closing date.
All Applications should be submitted by courier service under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked "Post of UniversIty Librarian, BIU" to the Office of:
Benson Idahosa University,
P. M. B. 1100, Benin City,