Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
Data Analytics Advisor
Classification: ST Local
Level of Effort: 220 days
Dates: November 1st, 2018 - September 30th, 2019
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by Consultant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc.
- The objective of this billable short-term assignment is to serve as the Data Analytics Advisor for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) - Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project.
- The Data Analytics Advisor will provide programmatic & operational support for all Data Management, Analytics and Reporting (DaMAR) activities, across all task orders in Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM).
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support Data Management, Analytics and Reporting related activities of GHSC-PSM (Nigeria Health LMIS, facility level commodity orders, Integrated Distribution Information, National Integrated Specimen Referral Network (NISRN) etc.).
- Support the identification, deployment and use of appropriate Data Management, Analytics and Reporting tools such as Power BI, QGIS, R-studio, python, SQL, Microsoft Azure in the GHSC-PSM project.
- Collaborate with partners to support the activities of State Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs) in logistics data collection, validation, collation, dissemination, and use to inform decision making.
- Support provision of supply chain data, analysis and information to other departments and units to improve decision making.
- Support data management and integration across datasets to improve visibility of data to ensure commodity availability at all levels of the supply chain.
- Collaborate with Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to support State Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs) in health facilities selection for monitoring and supportive visits (MSV) as informed by data and other related information. portals.
- Provide support to GHSC-PSM data management application users for access and data use.
- Support the management of all master data (facility list, product list, LMIS reporting forms) for all GHSC-PSM project and other stake holders.
- Support the administration and management of databases and data storage for all GHSC-PSM operations.
- Support all PSM Nigeria DaMAR activities in accordance with USAID requirements.
- Support the assessment / evaluation of ongoing DaMAR activities / projects
- Supervise a team of DaMAR unit Associates, interns, and consultants to ensure timely achievement of project deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Communications Technology, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Sciences or related field.
- Three to five years of professional experience in data security, data analytics and database management preferably in an international health care supply chain management environment.
- At least 3 years of work experience in ICT-based knowledge and information systems.
- Ability to monitor and provide support to multi-functional teams in supply chain activities.
- Collaborate with other GHSC-PSM project staff and LMCU in the states to support supply chain activities and relationships with state officials and relevant stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector
Technical Skills and knowledge Required:
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
- Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including web-based database systems is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems related problems and maintain security of the systems
- Proficiency in working with the office applications, ERP software, communications systems, SQL, python, QGIS.
- Good project management skills.
- Familiarity with USG requirements for data management, data security and reporting.
- Experienced in USG funded management information systems projects.
- Knowledge of public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques is required.
- Strong skills in project monitoring, interpretation and evaluation of data are required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to facilitate training / workshops and present technical and strategic Information data in a clear and concise manner to audiences with varying degrees of knowledge/experience in DaMAR.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Ability to lead a team, and coordinate across different teams.
- The Data Analytics Advisor will report directly to the Data Analytics Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a short-term position with possibility of renewals to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.