IT Programme Manager at GVA Partners
Posted on: 29 October, 2018
Deadline: 31 October, 2018
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a Bank located in Lagos State, is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
IT Programme Manager
- We require the services of a Programme Manager who will coordinate and supervise resources across multiple projects, managing links between projects simultaneously and overall cost and risks of the programme.
- The ideal candidate must possess a good understanding of the interdependency between technology, operations and business needs.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Develop individual project plans complete with budgetary information and resource needs.
- Communicate project objectives with all team members.
- Responsible for project tracking, monitoring, control and success from sign-off to delivery in the production environment
- Proactively monitor projects’ progress daily and resolve issues that may arise and provide adequate corrective measures.
- Ensuring quality assurance by ensuring infrastructure planning is in line with corporate technical, specialist and legal standards.
- Managing effective allocation of resources and skills within the program’s individual projects.
- Managing the program’s budget by monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the programme progresses.
- Delivering the project in line with the customer’s and Company’s objectives.
- Manage communication to all stakeholders.
- Managing risks to the programmes successful outcome.
- Initiating management interventions whenever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise.
- Bachelor's Degree or a suitable Post-Graduate PM Qualification in Computer Science/Business Studies with a Formal internationally recognised/certified Project Management qualification.
- At least 5 - 7 years in Program/Delivery management in the Telecom Domain
- A solid project management background with extensive experience with a proven and successful in-depth experience of using standard program/project management methodologies (PMP, Prince2) and software engineering methodologies complying with international quality standards such as ISO or CMM.
- Good track record in delivering high quality projects in time
- Candidate must have experience of handling multi-supplier engagements with strong skills in contract/scope management.
- Candidate must have experience of managing project budgets and accountability for program P&L.
- A record of successful completion of a number of significant projects covering each part of the project life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of the life-cycle of multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel.
- The ability to successfully structure and plan a project to deliver both customer and Company objectives pre-empting possible issue.
- Manage projects, performing tasks in a timely manner, cognisant of project deadlines and customer expectations.
- Build, agree and communicate multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel.
- Maintain Project P&L responsibility, managing, controlling and monitoring project progress against time and budget, timely addressing project slippage and reporting any deviations in excess of tolerance to the customer and Company management.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of banking and business processes, and the ability to understand the business and objectives of the customer.
- Detailed knowledge of banking concepts, basic accounting procedures and banking operations
Skills & Abilities:
- Practitioner in the methods and techniques that have been designated as the current Company standards:
- Project Methodology - as an operational Project Methodology
- PRINCE II/PMBOK or equivalent - as a general Project Management methodology.
- Accomplished in the use of tools that have been designated as the current Company standards:
- Microsoft Project - as a Project Management Planning and Monitoring tool.
- Microsoft Excel- for Financial Reporting, Change Control and Miscellaneous Reporting.
- Microsoft Word - for General Communications and Reporting.
- Microsoft PowerPoint - for internal/external presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the customer organization.
- Self-driven and self-motivated, capable of performing without the need to be managed on a daily basis. Ability to meet deadlines. Achieves and exceeds standard objectives consistently.
- Excellent and mature communications skills - oral and written.
- Excellent standards of report writing.
- Ability to control meetings where opposing views are displayed and to resolve without conflict.
- Ability to mentor Company’s Consultants.
- Presents a professional image of the Company.
- Ability to pro-actively manage expectations, assessing and reacting quickly to customers’ needs and identifying risks early.
- Good inter-personal skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV in MS Word format and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference email@example.com with the job role as the subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from GVA Partners
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Application Developer at GVA Partners
- Head, Agric Channels and Liabilities at GVA Partners
- Agric and Financial Inclusion Analyst at GVA Partners
- ERP Program Manager and Transformation Leader at GVA Partners
- Network Infrastructure Specialist (CCIE) at GVA Partners
- Know More About GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Data Entry Supervisor (Production) at Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group
- Data Entry Supervisor (Material Management) at Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group
- Data Entry Supervisor (QA/QC) at Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group
- Data Entry Supervisor at Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group
- TE Engineer at Connig Technoserve
- NMS Engineer - Network Support at Avant Halogen
- Social Media Specialist/Graphic Designer at Blowfish Hotel
- ICT Assistant at HIFASS