The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Laboratory Shift Chemist
Function/Domain: Refinery Operations Tech Services
- Dangote Oil Refinery is building the World's largest single stream Greenfield refinery and Petrochemical complex site at Nigeria, Lagos.
- We are looking Candidates for Laboratory Shift Chemist position for advanced, sophisticated and modern Refinery cum Polypropylene testing Laboratory.
- It is essential that the candidate should have relevant experience like Refinery / Petrochemical / Polypropylene operation units Lab.
- Shift Chemist is to carry out the analysis of various unit streams, Intermediate and Finished products from Refinery and Polypropylene samples and water & waste water samples from operation and utility units as per agreed schedule and entering in to LIMS.
- Knowledge on ASTM, IP, UOP, ISO etc., standard procedures & its requirements and Good Laboratory practices
- Testing of samples as per prescribed standard test methods like ASTM, UOP & IP etc., and under supervisor guidelines.
- Recording of test results in their note books in relevant registers and excel sheet, Preparation of standard solutions and their calibrations.
- Analysis of check samples as and when required. Information of test results in case of any discrepancy in testing and instruments to supervisor.
- Following all GLP & safety guidelines and procedures for accident free work.
- He should have thorough knowledge of petroleum / Petrochemical, water and waste water analysis and their significance.
- He should ensure maximum operational flexibility and to cover contingencies.
- Getting training on safe startup & shut down, minor trouble shooting and Routine Maintenance of the Lab Instruments
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- A B.Sc / M.Sc., degree in chemistry with minimum 60 % marks degree are eligible.
- The applicant must have experience of 3 - 5 years in Refinery / Petrochemical / Polypropylene lab shift operations.
- The applicant should have back ground of Refinery / petrochemical / Polypropylene testing and well versed in handling Hydrocarbon and water & Waste water testing procedures.
- Hands on experience in sophisticated advanced analytical instruments related to Refinery & polypropylene products like Octane / Cetane engines, JFTOT, MSEP, GCs (RGA, SIMDIST, and Reformulyzer etc.), HPLC, IC, ICP, AAS, ED- XRF & WD- XRF, MFI, UTM, Injection moulding machine, etc. are preferred.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
All Vacancies at Dangote Group can be found HERE