The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
CPP Shift In-charge
Fuction/Domain: Refinery Operations CPP and Utility
- We are looking for operations, Captive power plant Shift Incharge Candidates for Refinery.
- It is essential that the candidate should have relevant Refinery, experience/Petrochemical Plants experience, to build the World's largest single stream train Greenfield refinery and Petrochemical complex site based candidates for Nigeria, Lagos.
- Ensures personally the “Safe Standard Practices Laid down by HSE” is adhered in the department, i.e.- “Permit To Work System”, Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Tool Box talk are properly carried out & PPEs are used by the personnel. Ensures over all Safety of Personnel and Plant.
- Responsible for all aspects of performance during his shift; single point of accountability.
- Oversees the shift operation of the unit / units and maintains shift logs.
- Implements the production plan for the unit during the shift, as per instructions of Area in Charge.
- Assists in implementing the optimization of plant performance under the advice of Area in Charge.
- Instructs Panel and Field Officers on the shift operations to be carried out.
- Issues work requests to the maintenance team and follows up for completion.
- Conducts safety talks and tool box talks at regular intervals. On General Shift: (Maintenance Coordinator and Similar Positions)
- Prepares job list for shut down.
- Ensures upkeep of safety equipment /BA sets/ responders / oxygen meters / PPES.
- Raises request for chemicals, catalysts, consumables and other materials required for plant operation.
- Prioritizes and plans Maintenance activities.
- Oversees upkeep of documents, systems and procedures
- Coordinates with Maintenance to carry out Maintenance activities as per operational requirement to ensure equipment reliability in operation.
- Oversees the training of Panel and Field Officers within the Block
- Handles preparation and updating of Operating Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions etc. INITIAL PROJECT ACTIVITIES
- Provision of input to engineering from operations perspective on start-up/shutdown systems, isolation, bypasses, drains, safety, etc.
- Preparation of block systems and sub-systems
- Preparation of detailed operating manuals and procedures
- Preparation of training program materials, other input and assistance as needed
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- BE / B. Tech (in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering)
- Minimum 15 years’ experience operations in Gas/Oil Based Captive Power Plant of Large Refinery, Petrochemicals & Fertilizer Complex. Hands-on experience of Gas /Oil Fired, High Pressure Boilers, Fr-V/VI Gas Turbines, High Pr HRSGs, Extraction cum Condensing Steam Turbine Generators, Boiler Feed Water Pumps, De-aerator etc.
- Fully conversant with Electrical Operation at 66 kV, capable of handling emergencies in CPP.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
View Dangote salaries here
All vacancies at Dangote Group can be found HERE