The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
CPP Plant Head
Fuction/Domain: Refinery Operations CPP and Utility
- We are looking for operations, Captive power plant Plant Head Candidates for Refinery.
- It is essential that the candidate should have relevant Refinery, experience/Petrochemical Plants experience, to build the World's largest single stream train Greenfield refinery and Petrochemical complex site based candidates for Nigeria, Lagos.
- Ensures personally the “Safe Standard Practices Laid down by HSE” is adhered in the department, i.e.- “Permit To Work System”, Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Tool Box talk are properly carried out & PPEs are used by the personnel. Ensures over all Safety of Personnel and Plant.
- Responsible for safe, optimum performance of the Units, Un-interrupted supply of Power, all levels of Steam and BFW for CPP and Process plants, single point of accountability.
- Implements the Production Plan for the Block as advised by the Head of Operations.
- Ensures availability, of optimum inventory Chemicals and Consumables of the Area.
- Oversees the technical and career development of supervisors and engineers within the block. Ensures Proper Man Power Planning and scheduling.
- Oversees preparation and updating of Operating Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions etc. INITIAL PROJECT ACTIVITIES
- Providing input to engineering from operations perspective on start-up/shutdown systems, commissioning, trouble shooting, isolation, bypasses, drains, safety, etc.
- Preparation of block systems and sub-systems
- Preparation of detailed operating manuals and procedures
- Preparation of training program materials, other input and assistance as needed
- Participation in the Recruitment of Operations core team
- Participation in the establishment/training of HSE/PSM system
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- BE / B. Tech (in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering)
- Minimum 25 years’ experience operations in Gas/Oil Based Captive Power Plant of preferably Large Refinery, Petrochemicals & Fertilizers Complex.
- Hands-on experience of Gas /Oil Fired, High Pressure Boilers, Fr-V/VI Gas Turbines, High Pr HRSGs, Extraction cum Condensing Steam Turbine Generators, Boiler Feed Water Pumps, De-aerator, other associated CPP equipment, Electrical System at 66 kV level, Switch Gear & ECS etc.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
View Dangote salaries here
All vacancies at Dangote Group can be found HERE