The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
CPP Production Manager
Function/Domain: Refinery Operations CPP and Utility
- We are looking for operations, Captive power plant Production Manager Candidates for Refinery. It is essential that the candidate should have relevant Refinery, experience/Petrochemical Plants experience, to build the World's largest single stream train Greenfield refinery and Petrochemical complex site based candidates for Nigeria, Lagos.
- Ensures personally the “Safe Standard Practices Laid down by HSE” is adhered in the department, i.e.- “Permit To Work System”, Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Tool Box talk are properly carried out & PPEs are used by the personnel.
- Ensures over all Safety of Personnel and Plant.
- Responsible for all aspects of performance of the Area; single point of accountability.
- Functions as a link between Operations for the Area and the Technical Department
- Optimizes operating parameters in consultation with the Technical Department and the Area Head
- Implements optimization objectives in coordination with the Shift in Charge Supervisors.
- Analyses unit performance and recommends or implements appropriate remedial actions.
- Optimizes consumption of fuel, utilities and chemicals.
- Follows up on Maintenance activities
- Oversees upkeep of documents, systems and procedures
- Implements the Production Plan for the Area as advised by the Head of Area. Coordinates with Maintenance to carry out Maintenance activities as per operational requirement to ensure equipment reliability in operation.
- Oversees the training of supervisors and operators within the block
- Conducts preparation and updating of Operating Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions etc.
- Issues hot work permits for Maintenance / Project activities within the Units
- Ensures availability of chemicals, safety equipment, PPEs and consumables on site as per operational requirements.
- Ensures Risk Assessments are done for critical jobs, Safety /Tool box talks with the operating crew at carried out at regular intervals.
Initial Project Responsibilities:
- Provision of input to engineering from operations perspective on start-up/shutdown systems, isolation, bypasses, drains, safety, etc.
- Preparation of block systems and sub-systems
- Preparation of detailed operating manuals and procedures
- Preparation of training program materials, other input and assistance as needed.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- BE / B. Tech (Preferably in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering)
- Minimum 20 years’ experience operations in Gas/Oil Based Captive Power Plant of Large Refinery, Petrochemicals & Fertilizers Complex.
- Hands-on experience of Gas /Oil Fired, High Pressure Boilers, Fr-V/VI Gas Turbines, High Pr HRSGs, Extraction cum Condensing Steam Turbine Generators, Boiler Feed Water Pumps, De-aerator, other associated CPP equipment, Electrical System at 66 kV level, Switch Gear & ECS etc.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
View Dangote salaries here
All vacancies at Dangote Group can be found HERE