Peri-Operative Nurse at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
Posted on: 26 October, 2018
Deadline: 5 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Association for Reproductive and
Association for reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Prepare patients prior to surgery and alleviating their concerns
- provide patient care during the pre-, intra- and postoperative stages.
- Ensure clean and aseptic/sterilized operating room with other team members.
- Preparation of instruments, trolleys and sterile supplies requested for surgery.
- Gathering and sorting all supplies needed for the operationï¼šinclusive of performing swab, needle and instrument counts in line with standard operating procedures and policies.
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Provide needed nursing care working with the Anaesthetist and Surgeon when required during operations.
- Labeling and dispatch of laboratory specimens after each procedures.
- Managing and compiling procedure manuals, theatre registers and clients records.
- Communicating departmental policies, policy changes and/ or new procedures to relevant staff
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Ensuring that appropriate stock levels are maintained in the operating/surgical unit.
- Reporting to senior officer/line manager, incidents of accidents, complaints, defects in drugs, supplies or equipment.
- Participating in trials of new equipment and supplies and evaluation and serviceability of existing equipment.
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned within the team.
- Applicant must be a certified Operating Room Nurse (CNORs) with at least 3 years experience in Peri-operative nursing care.
- A Diploma in Critical care is an added advantage.
- Qualified candidate must possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety.
- Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the position
Method of Application
After Applying Online
Also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and other credentials with a Cover Letter (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Please provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Interested and qualified? Go to Association for Reproductive and Family Health career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Recent Jobs from Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Cleaner at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Clinical Nursing Officer/Nurse Midwife at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Cash Officer at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Clinical Assistant at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Medical Records Officer at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Know More About Association for Reproductive and Family HealthSimilar Jobs
- Technical Malaria Specialist at Catholic Relief Services
- Community Health Outreach Support Officer (CHOSO) at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Project Officer - WASH at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Radiographer at Paelon Memorial Clinic
- Nurse Associate at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant - Costing Study at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- School Nurse at Cypress Hillside School
- Case Worker at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)