Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern regions of Nigeria. GREENCOE is one of the outstanding and credible national NGO in Nigeria working on both development and humanitarian response programmes. Recently accredited by OCHA for applying for funding on the GSM and MYHRP- Project Model.
State Programme Team Lead
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: As soon as possible
Under direction of the Board Member and Founder provide program team leadership for business plan development, implementation, evaluation and reporting for the program team Identify, coordinate and promote opportunities for collaboration both within and between program teams.
- The State Programme Team Lead has overall programmatic, financial and management responsibility for the Northeast operations (projects).
- Coordinate state/regional project activities and ensure all activities are implemented according to the approved budget and workplan.
- Represent the organization in various high level technical meetings with governmental bodies, stakeholders and donors.
- Participate in development process of donor proposals – log frames, narratives and budgets
- Provide technical support through oversight visits, coaching, mentoring and integrated supportive to other staff and partners on the project.
- The role works closely with and manages the state team of technical and administrative staff/volunteers and other support staff/volunteers.
- The role ensures that project objectives, outcomes and deliverables are met and that financial, operational and reporting requirements of the donors are adhered to.
- Submit timely and quality report to the Executive Management Committee and Donors.
- Leads the preparation of state annual strategic plans; technical and operational work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required in close collaboration with Executive Management Committee/Board
- Ensures appropriate consultation in the development of state-level plans and budgets (including consultation with the Head office team and founder, national government agencies and other project stakeholders);
- Provides technical guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs and deliverables at state level;
- Assumes overall responsibility for the effective implementation of state work plans and ensures delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant;
- Monitors state implementation progress and progress towards milestones; maintains up to date logs of issues and risks; works to resolve issues, manages and mitigates risks; and escalates material issues and risks as appropriate;
- Oversees and contributes to results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication for the state;
- Assumes overall responsibility for the effective and professional management of the state team;
- Leads, guides, mentors and manages the performance of technical and administrative direct reports and ensures appropriate leadership, guidance, mentorship and management of other staff;
- Participates as required in HR management including but not limited to recruitment and contracting, performance management, disciplinary and grievance proceedings, and learning and development;
- Ensures consistent implementation of company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines, Security Protocols.
- Ensures the team and activities in the state provide and demonstrate good value for money;
- Supports the preparation of annual workplan budgets and workplan budget variations to the client;
- Responsible for forecast management in the state including working with the state team to minimise monthly forecast variance and annual budget variance;
- Manage, analyse and make sound recommendations to the line manager
- Oversee the effective management of all state project staff members.
Interested candidate will:
- Have a Degree/HND in Social Science, Art, Humanity or related field with minimum of 1year experience in a project management, stakeholders relations and administration-related role.
- Have excellent computer skills including with Excel, Microsoft office.
- Have strong interpersonal skills (communication, give effective feedback and be a team player)
- Be able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Have the ability to manage work plans including ability to work under pressure.
- Be committed to the NGO’s mission, values and policies.
This position is none paid. Meaning no salary- however, little stipends could be provided occasionally to cover transport and communication.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The title of the position for example "Protection/Case Management Support Officer"must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is none paid. Meaning no salary- however, little stipends could be provided occasionally to cover transport and communication.