Proposals Manager at Baker Hughes
Posted on: 24 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Job Number: 1818349
- Senior Proposal Manager is responsible for co-ordinating and compiling all aspects of the bid preparation process, facilitating and delivering bid and risk related activities for the region; ensuring they are completed on time and to the highest service quality standards.
- Technically experienced with good commercial/project management skills, you will need to understand, interpret and respond to technical specifications & documentation within an ITT
- Manages regional Commercial Specialists and Commercial Managers.
- Oversees implementation of global contracting strategies.
- Supports development of corporate contracting policies and guidelines, contract model forms and systems.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates region and international oilfield service contracts and commercial documents.
- Communicates with company's Legal, tax, HSE, quality and finance representatives to identify various project-related risks or concerns.
- Identifies worldwide contracting trends and improvement opportunities.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Coaches and mentors more junior Commercial Managers.
- Involvement in price book formulation and content. Develops commercial strategies. Creates commercial tools.
- Works closely with legal on commercial issues
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Proposals
- Communicate complex information in a simplified fashion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to effectively influence and negotiate with all levels of people.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple bids/projects.
- Financially & commercially astute – an understanding of contracts, business financials and commercial risk.
- Positive, can-do approach to work and to problem solving.
- Results orientated, self-driven individual with passion, drive, energy and ability to influence without authority in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment.
- Strong knowledge of contracting statutes, both US and non-US.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead small to mid-size groups and mentor others.
- Sales force or similar CRM tool expertise.
- Paralegal/legal experiences
- Experience in dealing with P&M projects and equipment
- Problem Solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Previous BMD/Sales Experience
- Consultancy level experience
- Operational Upstream Oil and Gas experience
- Strong negotiation ability
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Baker Hughes career website on bakerhughes.taleo.net to apply
- Know More About Baker HughesSimilar Jobs
- Legal Counsel at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Contracts and Compliance Manager at fhi 360
- Legal Manager- Litigation/ADR at Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Chief Compliance Officer at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Security Liaison Supervisor at Biswal Limited
- In-House Counsel/Company Secretary at OneFi
- Associate 2 at Westfield Consulting
- Legal Counsel at Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.