Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is a leading professional services firm, providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory, Business Process and Corporate Finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Off-Grid Mobile Finance Consultant
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Off-Grid Mobile Finance Consultant will support Power Africa Nigeria by working to increase the use of mobile finance for potential customers to spread the upfront cost of off-grid energy systems in Nigeria.
- This work will build on the toolkit that developed by PATRP, which provides step-by-step guidance to off-grid energy companies in Nigeria on the specific models that have been approved by the National Regulator, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and the terms for working with a range of Mobile Money Operators and Mobile Network Operators.
- The objective is to provide tailored Technical Assistance to up to five Off-Grid companies to start implementing the use of mobile finance following one of the models outlined in the toolkit.
- Provide Technical Assistance to up to five off-grid/mobile money companies to develop pilot outlines in line with the models approved by CBN for incorporating mobile money into their business models, together with Mobile Money Operators and Mobile Network Operators.
- Provide Technical Assistance to these up to five projects to start putting these pilots into operational practice.
- Experience with the mobile finance sector in Nigeria, including its regulatory environment.
- Experience assessing regulations and, ideally, providing technical assistance to government departments and private sector companies.
- Effective communication skills and ability to coordinate between various stakeholders, including government departments and private sector organisations, including mobile operators, Financial Institutions and ideally, off-grid energy companies.
- Ability to effectively handle stress, pressures, and challenges.
- Ability to listen to his team members and communicate instructions effectively.
- Excellent Microsoft excel skills.
- Ability to always pay attention to details and encourage team members to do same.
- Have in-depth knowledge of management goals and visions and work in line with team members to achieve them.
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 10 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 20 years of experience.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge - Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Applicants should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org