Operator, Brewing at SAB Miller
Posted on: 23 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at SAB Miller
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Reference Number: SAB-486
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Duties and Responsibilities
Operating and Process Control:
- Operating manual equipment in Brewing process areas according to the work instructions, and supporting the plant control system under instructions of the Brewing Team Leader.
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target, and recording short stops.
- Where process performance does not meet target, or trends or opportunities timeously. indicate the existence of problems, corrective action must be initiated.
- Recording waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems, and reviewing waste trends to identify problems
- Carrying out the required quality checks as described in the quality control and analyses work practice.
- Responding rapidly to upstream or downstream triggers that could result in quality or production problems.
- Appropriate problem solving approaches, as detailed in the problem solving work practice must be followed.
- Performing housekeeping tasks, applying 5s principles and following safe work practices.
Maintenance of Plant and Equipment:
- Carrying out in-depth cleaning, lubrication and inspection of equipment according to the work instructions and in accordance with the Autonomous Maintenance schedule.
- Performing simple autonomous maintenance tasks (e.g. replacement of simple valves), in accordance with the maintenance schedule, and where required requesting the assistance of the Process Artisan.
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team Leader for resolution.
Quality Control and Analysis:
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses, and recording the results on the appropriate information system.
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions. Where quality problems have arisen, apply the 5Y's and quick fix routines to resolve.
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. making use of the gap list to record issues, problems and improvement opportunities.
- Fully understand the team goals and participate in team goal review sessions.
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated.
- Where problems occur, use 5Y's and quick fix routines to identify the possible origin and report these to the Process Artisan and or Team Leader for resolution.
- Provide information to teams carrying out problem solving or FFA's as required.
- Identify sources of waste and report these to the Team Leader.
- OND/HND /B.Sc in Biological Sciences or related discipline
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications i.e. (Microsoft Excel , Word and PowerPoint)
- 2 - 5 years experience in a brewing environment
- Previous experience in a process controlled manufacturing environment, ideally in food FMCG products.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from SAB Miller
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Process Operator, Packaging at SAB Miller
- Performance Planning Manager (PPM), Logistics at SAB Miller
- Operator, Packaging at SAB Miller
- Know More About SAB MillerSimilar Jobs
- Marine Advisor III - Expat at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Transport Quality Controller at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Field Engineer, Livelihood Project at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Incident & Problem Management Manager at Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Design Engineer - ELV Systems Engineering (ELVs) at Onstream Group
- Night Drilling Supervisor at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Female Sales Engineer at TekniTeed NG
- Technical Advisor- Turbine Maintenance at Egbin Power Plc