Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Organizational Development Consultant
Project Overview and Role
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium implements the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) Project. HP+ works with key stakeholders to advance health policy and financing for family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal and new-born health at national and subnational levels. The project aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners' capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to the existing priorities.
- The Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) has set a new local partner funding target of 70% by FY2020.
- To reach this ambitious target, a deeper understanding of the current roster of organizations able to manage large USAID PEPFAR awards for health, social services, or education is required.
- HP+ is seeking a team of consultants to conduct capacity assessments that will indicate the readiness of local organizations to receive and manage USG funds in Nigeria.
- HP+ is developing an assessment tool that consultants will use for in-depth assessments with a small subset of partners to identify strengths and important capacity gaps.
- HP+ global and regional staff will support the consultants to implement this activity.
- Compile data about local organizations that have been or could serve as recipients of US government funding
- Assist in the selection of local partners to undergo the full local partner capacity and risk assessment tool based on selection criteria defined, as requested
- Contact key organizations, secure meetings, and develop a detailed site visit agenda
- Implement the capacity and risk assessment tool to gather data about selected local partners (technical experience, delivery, and capacity; data and reporting experience and capacity; financial management and other organizational capacities; geographic coverage; risk mitigation) through interviews and site visits
- Accurately and thoroughly document interviews, site visits and other project-related activities, sharing updates through weekly debriefs with HP+ HQ team
- Outline and help draft final report with findings and recommendations as requested
- Present and discuss findings
Minimum education and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in relevant field (Healthcare, Administration, Finance, Management) with experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment programming, organizational development, capacity building, finance, accounting, compliance, and/or capacity assessments; knowledge of PEPFAR data a plus
- Experience and proven track record in project management and organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about the organizational landscape (government entities at different levels, including regional economic blocks; parastatal or semi-autonomous organizations; faith-based organizations; private sector organizations; and academic institutions) in Nigeria
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.