The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organisation. We provide assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
What is NRC?
NRC promotes and protects the rights of refugees and people who have been displaced within their own country. We take action during situtations of armed conflict, and engage in other contextes where our competences will add value.
The majority of our 5000 staff members are national employees in NRC’s projects in around 25 countries worldwide. All our projects are supervised by the NRC Head Office in Oslo.
Finance Technical Assistant
NRC is looking for a Finance Technical Assistant for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Finance Technical Assistant is to support programme activities in Maiduguri and in the field offices
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Finance Technical Assistant reports to the Finance Officer.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing petty cash and cash box.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing cheque payments.
- Maintain up to date records, project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported.
- Preparation of payment vouchers for cash and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- Facilitate and assist finance Coordinator to perform cash and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure an effective filling system such that the files are updated, complete and safe guarded
- Preferably a degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Previous (2yrs) experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO)
- Willingness to be flexible and respond in a timely manner to support colleague when need arise.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: November 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.