Numbers Specialist at Aspilos Charity & Development Foundation
Posted on: 19 October, 2018
Deadline: 29 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Aspilos Charity & Development
Aspilos Foundation is a small team with a big vision and huge ambitions. We pour all of ourselves: our large hearts, unwavering passions, quick minds and excellent ways into making the world a better place. We are all about beating poverty in Nigeria and Africa.
Category: Accounting & Bookkeeping
Level: Recent Grad
Job Type: Full-Time
Start date: 05/11/2018
- The Numbers Specialist (NS) is handles finance operations and supports in business operations.
- In finance operations, the NS is responsible for providing financial information to Aspilos Foundation by researching and analysing accounting data, managing financial information and preparing financial reports.
Roless and Responsibilities
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing and documenting account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Compile and summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, budgets, business plans, commentaries, financial statements and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies and insolvency cases by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Administer payroll in liaison with the People team
- Control income and expenditure and prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Maintain accounting controls by researching, preparing, recommending and interpreting accounting policies, procedures and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising Aspilos management on needed actions.
- Maintain Aspilos’ confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Analyse financial forecasting and risk analysis.
- Design and administer benefits and compensation and interface with benefits broker regularly on benefit-related issues
- Prepare budgets; schedule expenditures; analyse variances; and suggest corrective actions.
- Support the Operations team in reviewing & approving supply requisitions; and managing vendors
- Collect and analyse the business data from various departments to prepare reports and presentations for management.
- Min. Qualification: OND
- Min. Years of Experience: 1-2
- We value the different and unique perspectives that everyone brings our team, we are not trying to clone ourselves over and over. You must however be empathetic, loyal, curious, open to learning and happy to contribute to the growth of the team. You must be a self-motivated person who is patient and loves solving problems.
- We are not necessarily looking for people who are already experts in the roles needed, we do not mind teaching you and helping you become an expert on the job so do not let your skill level discourage you from applying. Read our playbook to find out more about what we are like. If what you read in there resonates with you, then you should apply.
The ideal person must:
- Be strong with numbers and pay attention to details
- Be ready to continuously learn
- Be good with research
- Be able to work remotely and independently
- Must be tech savvy.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Aspilos Charity & Development Foundation
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Communications Community Specialist at Aspilos Charity & Development Foundation
- Know More About Aspilos Charity & Development FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Mid Level Accountant at The Space
- Accountant at Robeck Locks Ltd
- Principal Investment Officer at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Finance Officer (Prosell) at Oxfam
- Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Assistant Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Accounts Payable Support at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Finance Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International