Primus was duly incorporated in Nigeria (RC No. 19811) under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990.
We are an established Engineering, Technical Services and Consultancy business providing quality service, technical and commercial support to the energy sector.
Following our inception in 1976, we have executed and managed a variety of complex projects for various renowned clients using our workforce and technical partners. We have up to 120 employees working onsite and subcontracted to our clients. Our success over the years has been attributed to our people and through our outstanding relationship with our clients and the communities from where we operate.
Reports to: General Manager Operations
Supervises: Production Operation/Maintenance Team
Interacts with: Internal:
Management Team and staff
External:O & M Contractor(s),
Service Providers and Partners.
Job Purpose: To lead the Production, Maintenance, Marine and Construction operations associated with all hydrocarbon, marine, utility and safety systems of the Asset.
- Shall be responsible to manage, schedule and safely oversee the execution of all Site field operations
- Maintain plant operations and work with facility personnel to optimize plant and production operations to meet Site production targets and high uptime.
- Maintain beneficial and positive relationships with Site field personnel and
- host communities in order to promote a positive image of the company and an uninterrupted operation of Site field.
- Monitor Site Operations for compliance with all applicable Local and international Regulations and Legislations.
- Shall be responsible to interface with regulatory agencies as it affects operations for Company-owned offshore assets
- Duties and Responsibility to include but not limited to:
- Routinely report to GM, Operations on relevant Site operational issues.
- Liaise with GG&E Team, Finance, EHSS, Security and Drilling on issues relating to Site Asset.
- Coordinate and manage the CARs.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the O&M Contractor
- Monitor production parameters daily and ensure adequate reporting.
- Ensure that production operations are carried out in an optimal and safe manner.
- Coordinate and monitor lifting related operations
- Coordinate Unplanned Maintenance Shutdowns.
- Coordinate and monitor field logistics
- Ensure Operations are run in compliance with the Company’s EHSS policies and procedures
- Coordinate and manage OSVs and helicopters
- Review Emergency Response Procedure and ensure the installations are at a high level of preparedness in terms of facilities
- Review Weekly, Monthly & Annual Preventive Maintenance Reports from the O&M Contractor.
- a. Understand impact on production
- b. Review Maintenance Shutdown punch list
- Coordinate Maintenance Shutdown Schedule with O&M Contractor
- Plan and execute Maintenance Shutdown in compliance with PRIMUS NIGERIA LIMITED
- Ensure that re-imbursables are procured in accordance with the O&M Contract.
- Ensure that all requisitions for other services/supplies are in accordance with Supply Chain Procedures.
- Participate in the planning of wells and contribute to conceptual field development plans and design.
- Monitoring and acquaint self with the daily progress of well operations including costs
- Monitor and optimize Site operating costs.
- Ensure all nonconformities are documented and handled according to the requirements of EHSS procedures and initiate corrective and preventive
- actions related to occurred or potential nonconformities.
- Maintain weekly ACTION LIST of production operations issues, and responsible for closing out the action items
- Ensure records of activity, and the equipment and consumable utilization are accurately reported and documented.
- Provide assurance that the Site facilities are operated and maintained in accordance with company policies, regulatory compliance and good
- operating practice
- Review SIMOPS activities as it applies to construction, drilling, projects, etc.
- Ensure the Asset Integrity of facilities and installation are maintained based on best industry practice.
- Ensure the LACT Unit is functional for custody transfer operations
Financial / budget
Education: B.Sc. Petroleum / Chemical / Mechanical Engineering.
MBA will be an added advantage
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Facility, construction, project management
- Wellhead operations and maintenance
- Rotating equipment operations
- Experience in SIMOPS
- Major Emergency Management & Initial Response Procedures
- Understanding and Interpretation of MOSR, Industry Codes & Standards
- Good understanding of crude oil lifting operations
- Must have good proficiency with MS Office suite - Excel/Power point/Word/Project.
- Broad experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Previous experience in offshore operations role
- Good understanding of all facets of the offshore operation and
- appropriate supervisory experience
- Encourages and facilities the learning and development of others. Demonstrates enhancement of individual and team potential through
- giving clear direction, guidance and feedback on performance.
- 15 - 20 years relevant experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below