- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Procurement Specialist at Adam Smith International
Posted on: 18 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Adam Smith International
Adam Smith International is an award-winning global company that delivers impact, value and lasting change through economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional offices are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
Tracking Code: 1145-112
- Mafita is a large-scale, six-year youth employment programme operating in Nigeria’s northern states, funded by DFID and implemented by Adam Smith International. Through a combination of innovative skills development and job creation interventions, Mafita will support over 60,000 marginalised young people to find employment or become entrepreneurs by 2021.
- Within the above scope, Mafita is mandated to support the economic empowerment of Northern Nigerian women, whose economic disenfranchisement has direct and adverse impacts on the country’s economic prosperity and development at the national, regional and community levels. Through its work, Mafita seeks to support women to access economic resources both directly by supporting women’s entrepreneurship, employment and access to finance, and indirectly by creating a more enabling environment for women.
Areas of Responsibility
- The Procurement Specialist supports the purchase of technical goods for the training of several vocational and skills development. He or she will have a very detailed knowledge of the equipment, materials and supplies used in each of the particular industries.
- The primary responsibility of the Procurement Specialist is to use his/her specialist knowledge to determine that each of the training trades has the machinery, components and supplies needed to efficiently and safely conduct trainings. He or she will review any changes that impact material or supplier in order to adjust stocks accordingly.
- To help manage the vendor qualification process and a performance feedback rating system that will drive positive results in both supplier quality, cost and on time performance
- To manage purchasing tasks on the project in a tactical and strategic way to improve internal business processes that reduce cycle times and improve efficiencies.
- To lead in data analysis for strategic decision making and identification of out- of control processes to avoid cost and increased cycle time.
- To liaise with procurement partners to ensure a smooth procurement process.
- To work closely with intervention managers to maintain a relevant and up-to-date Procurement Plan, track changes, and inform relevant stakeholders of those changes.
- To establish and agree on delivery terms, time and stages of inspection for the supply with Project Management Team.
- Organise state teams to be present for the acceptance of deliveries, and its QA.
- To ensure that all potential suppliers are provided with identical information upon which the quotations are given equal opportunity to meet the desired requirements.
- To keep accurate records to justify the process and any other related decisions made in this regard.
- To track and monitor shipment of goods to be delivered.
- To handle delivery and inspection of items and maintain the record of delivery notes.
- To assist in insurance claims, if any.
- To monitor storing and handling on site, prior to use, during installation, commissioning and closure of any surplus/defective materials.
- To validate client acceptance/rejection, warranties and other related follow up matters with the supplier.
- To arrange and participate in meetings between suppliers, Company Specialists and other personnel to facilitate standardization and economical procurement.
- To support programme procurement of consumables and office supplies, as required.
- 5+ years of experience working in procurement.
- Some experience of managing small teams.
- Experience in work-planning.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- An ability to handle conflicting priorities and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Hausa language skills would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Adam Smith International career website on adamsmithinternational-openhire.silkroad.com to apply
- Know More About Adam Smith InternationalSimilar Jobs
- STTA Procurement Officer at North East Regional Initiative (NERI)
- Procurement Officer at Tranter IT Infrastructure Services Limited
- Procurement Manager at Simba Group
- Store Keeper at Doheney Services Ltd
- Store Manager at First Excelsia
- Procurement Assistant at Eduwalt Communication
- Packaging Support Intern at Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Inventory Management Support Intern at Guinness Nigeria Plc