Water Engineer at AIM Consultants
Posted on: 17 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at AIM Consultants
AIM Group Limited is an integrated Multi-Disciplinary Company established on November 20, 1979.The principals of the AIM Group have a history in Nigeria that dates back to 1886 when the Grandfather of the Group’s chairperson resided in Lagos in 1886. The Group operates from its owned office and residential properties, with ultra-modern office facilities at its Headquarters in Victoria Island Annex, Lagos, with Regional and Staff Accommodation facilities in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano. AIM Group has satellite offices in various States in the Country. The current workforce of AIM Group is over 1100 colleagues
Qualification and tasks
- The Water Resources Engineer has the responsibility for designing or overseeing projects involving the provision of potable water, disposal of wastewater and sewage, or prevention of flood-related damage. In addition, will also prepare environmental documentation for water resources, regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis, and field work. Perform hydraulic modeling and pipeline design. He must have a B.Sc in Civil Engineering or Masters in Water Resources
- Develop plans for new water resources or water efficiency programs.
- Design water distribution systems for portable or non portable water.
- Design sludge treatment plants.
- Provide technical support on water resource or treatment issues to government agencies.
- Supervise water quality studies to identify and characterize water pollutant sources.
- Identify design alternatives for the development of new water resources.
- Gather and analyze water use data to forecast water demand.
- Write technical reports related to water resources development or water use efficiency.
- Analyze and recommend sludge treatment or disposal methods.
- Design water storage tanks or other water storage facilities.
- Design water run-off collection networks, water supply channels, or water supply system networks.
- Design water or wastewater lift stations, including water wells.
- Review and critique proposals, plans, or designs related to water or wastewater treatment systems.
- Provide technical direction or supervision to junior engineers, engineering or computer-aided design (CAD) technicians, or other technical personnel.
- Design or select equipment for use in wastewater processing to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Learn to perform mathematical modeling of underground or surface water resources, such as floodplains, streams, rivers, or wetlands.
- Design best river training and smooth Right of ways
- Perform hydrological analyses, and self-educate using three-dimensional simulation software, to model the movement of water or forecast the dispersion of chemical pollutants in the water supply.
- Perform hydraulic analyses of water supply systems or water distribution networks to model flow characteristics, test for pressure losses, or to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and improve operational efficiency.
- Oversee the construction of decentralized or on-site wastewater treatment systems, including reclaimed water facilities.
- Contribute to feasibility studies for the construction of facilities, such as water supply systems, run-off collection networks, water and wastewater treatment plants, or wastewater collection systems.
- Contribute to the design of gully erosion in accordance with Design earlier developed by AIM Consultants Ltd.
- Contribute to the development of environmental impact studies related to water and wastewater collection, treatment, or distribution.
- Contribute to the development of cost-benefit analyses for the construction of water supply systems, run-off collection networks, water, and wastewater treatment plants, or wastewater collection systems.
- Contribute to the development of the efficiency of water delivery structures, such as dams, tainter gates, canals, pipes, penstocks, or cofferdams.
- Analyze storm water or floodplain drainage systems to control erosion, stabilize river banks, repair channel streams, or design bridges.
- Contribute to the analysis recommendations of chemical, biological, or other wastewater treatment methods to prepare water for industrial or domestic use.
- Design pumping systems, pumping stations, pipelines, force mains, or sewers for the collection of wastewater.
- Design domestic or industrial water or wastewater treatment plants, including advanced facilities with sequencing batch reactors (SBR), membranes, lift stations, headworks, surge overflow basins, ultraviolet disinfection systems, aerobic digesters, sludge lagoons, or control buildings.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
- Recent Jobs from AIM Consultants
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Structural Engineer at AIM Consultants
- Road Supervision Engineer at AIM Consultants
- Quantity Surveyor at AIM Consultants
- Mechanical Engineer at AIM Consultants
- Agricultural Engineer at AIM Consultants
- Architect at AIM Consultants
- Know More About AIM ConsultantsSimilar Jobs
- Site Engineer and Architect at Simeon's Pivot
- Senior Programme Coordinator - Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) at Christian Aid
- Integrated Services Solutions Support Engineer - SSA at Baker Hughes
- Subsurface Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Subsea Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Graduate Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Marine Engineer at ExxonMobil
- Environmental Engineer at ExxonMobil