Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
Job Number: 1811730
Job: Accounting & External Reporting
- In Mondelez ‘we create delicious moments of joy’. We begin with our consumers, we make delicious snacks you can feel good about and we believe that we can make a delicious difference everywhere.
- You will contribute to this by ensuring that the category financial analysis and insights are conducted in order to assist the category finance manager in providing strategic financial support to category roadmaps, brand plans, management information, budgeting and forecasting.
In line with the job purpose, key accountabilities will entail the following:
- Implement strategies, operations and policies related to the Treasury function. Ensure treasury activities are in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines,
- Governance policies and internal controls and procedures.
- Basic Undertaking risk management activities to protect financial well-being and minimize risk exposure
- Effectively liaise with the Central Treasury function and Banking partners on any banking requirements and facility arrangement.
- Work with Treasury Manager to deliver an optimized banking structure in Nigeria in order to achieve competitive pricing conditions and competitive technical solutions.
- Ensure funding of Nigerian operations are never compromised.
- Daily reporting and monitoring of cash balances in line with Treasury/Cash Management strategies.
- Work within established frameworks and guidelines to procure sufficient foreign exchange for the MDLZ.
- Ensure that cash flow forecast information is sourced and provided in a timely and accurate fashion from MDLZ MBS Partners.
- Implement new bank technologies, products and services to improve cash conversion cycle and simplify company operations.
- Participate and ensure global reporting requirements are met on a timely basis. E.g. Guarantees, Letters of Credits, Annual Financial Policy and Net Financial Position reporting.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the Central Banks Foreign Exchange Guidelines
- Liaise with banks to open Letters of credit, Bills for Collections and other foreign currency payment tools in line with Central bank Foreign Exchange guidelines
- Support Centre of Excellence teams in the management FX and liquidity.
- Implement strategies and support Legal, Controlling, Tax and Finance teams for dividend repatriation, royalty payments, cross charging, Intercompany transactions and cross-border transactions.
- Maintain good local relationships with bank representatives.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Finance or equivalent.
- System skills with working knowledge of SAP and Excel.
- At least 4 years working experience in a financial institution, manufacturing/ FMCG Treasury role.
It is expected that you will:
- Carry out the role accountabilities within the Treasury function and process frameworks that apply to the company.
- Work together with all your peers and customers. A key part of your performance review each year will be based on their input.
- Exemplify the company’s Values in practice - this will be a key part of your annual development cycle.
Method of Application
Mondelez International is an equal opportunities employer.
Interested and qualified? Go to Mondelez International career website on mondelez.taleo.net to apply